Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • XBOX Gamers advice needed please!!!!!
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Ok, i am a die hard PS3 fan so know nothing about XBOX , i am planning on buying an Xbox 360 for my sons xmas he’s 8yrs. Now i can get the 4GB console for £120 or the 250GB console for £165, how much does the HD memory affect gaming , saves etc etc. Not sure which to go for?

Help please, sound advice required.

MrNutt
    Free Member

get the 250gb, the 4gb idea is a stupid one. oh and Kinect is a laugh (and bloody exhausting!)

flyingmonkeycorps

Personally I wouldn’t want to be without the HD, especially if you’ll be online – you’ll need it for storing demos and patches and arcade games and such…

weirdnumber
    Free Member

With a larger hard drive you can install games meaning the DVD drive gets worked less and the console can be quite a bit quieter. Also if you want to download games from the market or additional content for games then you will want the larger hard drive. Its a shame Microsoft charge to much for hard drives.

tony24
    Free Member

Get the 250 you will fill a 4gb in no time. 1 demo alone can be a gig alone thats without games saves and add ons etc.

dan1980
    Free Member

I’d go for the HD version.

Games can benefit from running from a hard disk, they should load quicker, and in some cases, you’ll get a better visual experience (e.g. Battlefield 3 – not suitable for 8 year olds though!), and I’d imagine the number of games utilising this technology will increase due to the size and speed limitations of DVDs

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yep, 250 +1. 4Gb will last no time. A demo alone can be over a gig.

Cougar

If it’s going to be online (ever), you need the HDD. Games get patches and updates, and MS release a bunch of demos weekly some of which can be several hundred meg or more. I probably spend as much time with new game demos as I do with full games.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

If you buy the 4 gig you will end up buying more storage at a later date. As everyone said above buy the HDD from the start.

Cougar

If you buy the 4 gig you will end up buying more storage at a later date.

… at an inflated price.

owenfs7
    Free Member

+1 for the 250Gb version. There are lots of good games to download from xbox live which will eat up HDD space.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Yar, get the 250gb version. Then get Castle Crashers.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, its for my son for xmas so wont be out of the box for a while.

Cougar

If you’ve no idea, probably Grand Theft Auto.

(-:

bigbloke
    Free Member

Job done. Xbox 360 250GB Halo Reach Collectors bundle £164.95 .

He should be happy with that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘XBOX Gamers advice needed please!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.