Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • xbox 360 forza 4.looks stunning!
  • racefaceec90

i wasn’t that fussed about this game (am not really into gran turismo style driving games,although i’ve played most of them and the forza series) but when i saw some youtube footage of the game,have definitely changed my tune 😉 [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zsuz5F_9NU&feature=relmfu[/video] just looks fantastic 😀

King-ocelot
    Free Member

It does look stunning, hopefully it won’t suffer from poor AI and crash damage like GT. Forza has always been the better game in those respects. With the new Elder Scrolls game due this year it’s going to be a good hibernation.

Drac

Looked great right up until the gameplay footage and then looked dated, 360 is getting old and it’s starting to show. Still shiny graphics isn’t everything gameplay is the important thing.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I agree with Drac. Shiny shiny is all very well. But the footage of the racing didn’t look any different from F3. PGR was always the better gameplay game for me. Is a 5 ever coming out?

retro83
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator

Looked great right up until the gameplay footage and then looked dated, 360 is getting old and it’s starting to show. Still shiny graphics isn’t everything gameplay is the important thing.

Compared to what? Something on the PC? I’m still using my GameCube, so everything looks good in comparison 😆

Bez

Graphics meh. Variety of racing formats and weather and better AI is what I want (and qualifying, or at least practice without having to go out and spend five minutes in menus before a race). You don’t look at how well filler caps are rendered when you’re racing.

Drac

Compared to what? Something on the PC? I’m still using my GameCube, so everything looks good in comparison

Well yes particularly PC given 360 uses DX 9, this’ll be hugely evident with games like Battlefield 3 which is going to use DX 11 to pretty much max benefit. But no I just mean in general it’s staring to show it’s age so Forza isn’t looking great just well average.

Plus what Bez says.

jon1973
    Free Member

When are the next generation of consoles due then?

Edit;

quick google;

Sony claims that the PS3 will have a 10 year lifecycle, suggesting the next PlayStation will arrive by the end of 2016 at the latest. Or we might not get a PlayStation 4 at all. Developers haven’t yet maxed out the potential of the PS3, while the release of PlayStation Move has given it an extra dimension…

All speculation I guess

Drac

They’re trying to hold back but the release of the Wii 2 which is a massive revamp may change their minds to win the market back. Sony being the problem though as the PS3 was a cunning move to help take the HD market with Blu-rays that worked.

Imagine how dated they’ll be in 4 years the PC is returning as ‘the’ games machine again.

jon1973
    Free Member

Imagine how dated they’ll be in 4 years the PC is returning as ‘the’ games machine again.

It’s been years since I hplayed games on the PC. What do you need to pay get a good games machine now? I know PC’s can do loads of other stuff, but you do seem to pay a huge premium over consoles. That’s probably just my perception though.

Drac

A bit behind myself as my rig is about 3+ years old but you can probably build yourself and machine for about £400 which is console price when they’re new. It won’t play all new games at max detail but will many using older engines. The games due out over the next few months are going to push systems further, handy as I’m getting ready for a full replacement again.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Pah, car racing games are boring. What we need is another decent motorbike game like Tourist Trophy, none of these rubbish Motogp ones either!

PC’s are only good for FPS’s and strategy games, and that’s only because of the mouse. For everything else, consoles win.

Kevevs
    Free Member

still at 47 on Forza 3 and it’s taking foreverrrrrr….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Anyone tried TopSpin4? I downloaded the demo and had a play last night – looked good – but I imagine fiendishly difficult. I just can’t be doing with all the button combos 😕

Drac

PC’s are only good for FPS’s and strategy games, and that’s only because of the mouse. For everything else, consoles win.

They also tend to have some very good racing games which have far more real life details than console versions.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Yeah, but a console can be had for 130 quid and a PC can’t. Well, not one that can play modern games on. 😉

Drac

True but a computer does more than play games, of course it’s choices really.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Mr Glitter, i suggest you start playing SBK X or SBX 11 then. Proper bike racing games that have had more ‘edge of the seat’ moments for me than any other game EVER!!! Get a decent crowd in a multiplayer race and it takes your breath away, especially the speed of some of the front runners.

A console will never beat a PC simple as! Yes cost does come into it but if you want the best you gotta pay the price.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I tried SBK almightydutch, but it just felt too ‘arcadey’ and the handling doesn’t seem very realistic, if that makes sense. I used to love that Isle of Mann TT game on the PS2 though, can’t remember the name though?

almightydutch
    Free Member

Which version of SBK did you try, IIRC the 08 and 09 just didnt have the physics quite right. Now they are pretty good to be fair.

You have to play it on Medium or Simulation to get the best from it though.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’ll try one of the newer ones then almightydutch, not sure if the one I tried was 09.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Yeah the lastest SBK 11 is quite a jump from them. Its funny how when you play them all when they come out each feels not too dissimilar. But when you go and play the 08 or 09 and then compare directly to the latest one its quite some difference.

I prefer bike racing games as there is so much more skill ainvolved with getting them round compared to their 4 wheel counterparts.

jon1973
    Free Member

SBX X looks like fun, I may try that.

Only £9 on Amazon + p&p

racefaceec90

deadlydarcy cannot agree with you more about pgr 😀 they are some of my favourite ever racing games (especially 2 and 4.am playing 4 again,will have to find another copy of 2.absolutely loved the edinburgh circuits) along with burnout series,wipeout and f zero gx 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘xbox 360 forza 4.looks stunning!’ is closed to new replies.