Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • X9 Shifter problems………
  • markcdo
    Free Member

Hello Peeps,

My riding buddy has a set of these and the right hand/rear shifter has recently started playing up – by that I mean the levers are not returning back to their normal position after shifting a gear. You have to move them back into position.

I've taken the cover off and had a quick look, it all seems to be in order inside, clean, with original grease still present, no damage – or so it appears.

I'm flumoxed, any ideas ??

racing_ralph
    Free Member

its a known problem – iirc its a weak spring. Should be a warranty issue

TractorFrog
    Free Member

What are the cables like. Much friction in the line?

markcdo
    Free Member

Cables were dry as a bone, now cleaned and lubed – sound like warranty time ? Thanks chaps

imp999
    Free Member

I've got X7s and this happened. Had them apart while on the bars but found that the return spring, if that was the problem, was pretty inaccessable. Bought some newer ones off here and put them on the bike.

I then had a fiddle with the allan screw head on the underside of the old unit and hey presto – fully returning lever.

Don't know what I did but it might be worth a go.

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Been there several times. Had one replaced under warranty before as well but the others were out. Don't bother trying to fix them, I spent many a stubborn hour on mine…

rickon
    Free Member

Gt85 inside the pods, everywhere. Jobs a good un.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘X9 Shifter problems………’ is closed to new replies.