Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • X9 Jockey Wheels – How much!! (Any alternative to SRAM)
  • FieldMarshall

Need new jockey wheels for my 2009 SRAM X9 Mech.

Cant believe the price. Cheapest I can find is £28.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=6520

The earlier and later models seem cheaper, typical.

Is there an alterntive aftermarket product.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

I used to just swap over the bearing instead (cost around £5-£7)

SKF bearings I think is was a 6801-2RS

13thfloormonk

Thats SRAM aftermarket prices for you… 😯

You can pick the seals off the bearings, clean them and regrease them, this is easy to do and revived mine after they’d seized solid.

dan1980
    Free Member
    stuey
    Free Member

BBB sale after market ones too.

chakaping
    Free Member

You can pick the seals off the bearings, clean them and regrease them, this is easy to do and revived mine after they’d seized solid.

This, then sell it and swap to Shimano instead.

13thfloormonk

Haha, GENIUS! Those ones dan1980 linked to even have a special offset hole system so you can’t use aftermarket options.

I’d love to hear SRAM’s justification for some of the prices they charge, I’ve just found out my X9 rear mech retails at £100! Its already failed/bent more than the £40 LX mech I’d had for six years previously

*removes stuck record etc etc*

Edit: Chapaking, you’re preaching to the converted, I’ll never be buying SRAM again, for all the reassuring clunky shifting in the world…

Stevelol
    Free Member

If you’re thing to replace them then give the kcnc alloy ones a try.

foxyrider
    Free Member

BBB for me also 🙂

FieldMarshall

Thanks for all the replies.

It’s the wheel itself that is worn, so unfortunately bearing change/clean isn’t going to solve the problem.

Couldn’t see any BBB ones that are compatible. However found an old X7 in the garage and those fit. So sorted for now.

When the mech finally dies will definitely be considering the move back to Shimano, after 8 years with SRAM, as finding that it just doesnt last and the new X9 on my FS has so much stiction it’s virtually unusable. O and the jockey wheels in the 2010 are different again and have a different size bolt so can’t even swap those across.

Wally

Tacx jockey wheels,Decathlon sell these for £8!!Bargain.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I use the x7 or x5 ones which are pretty much identical

ssboggy

Think youself lucky you wore the jockey wheels out, i had a X9 rear mech and the pivots became so loose it was unuseable before the jockey wheels where even a quarter worn 😥

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

I’ve always been dissappointed in the cost of things like jockey wheels. BBB worked for me though. cost a tenner or so – wheels seem much more hard wearing than the SRAM versions too.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘X9 Jockey Wheels – How much!! (Any alternative to SRAM)’ is closed to new replies.