Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • X9 jockey wheels
  • allewis

Anybody know what I can use instead of SRAM X9 jockey wheels as I need to replace the bottom one? Just checked CRC and there £30 which seems a bit expensive for such a small component.

Mikkel
    Free Member

They are silly prices for sure, especially as you can get a new X9 mech for 45.

Is it the new ones which are mounted with a screw through the center or the the ones with 2 holes?

mdavids
    Free Member

I bought a couple of these

allewis

They only have a screw through the center so the new ones.

trailmonkey

x9 jockey wheels are notoriously shite and expensive to replace. it’s precisely the reason why x7 is the only real sram mech choice.

*sorry, i know that doesn’t help the op but i thought i’d throw it in there anyway*

singletrackmind

Make the new ones last longer by smearing a load of thick grease between the cover plate and the bearing.
    My Sram ones were always seizing up , and a good couple of mm of Finish Line white grease made them last alot longer .

My thinking was that it makes a waterproof crud barrier between the ‘sealed’ bearing and the outside world.

andycs

Mount Zoom used on my XO mech, would imagine they are the same as X9.

imp999
    Free Member

You can buy the bearings for them quite cheaply and press them in.
    I have done this but the repaired wheel is still in my spares box because I am still using the Shimano wheel that I bodged onto the mech 2 months ago.

chillidave
    Free Member

I bought a set of these in the x0 flavour for my old x0 mech.

Ignore the description, it actually came with adaptors to fit all different kinds of Sram mech including the x9 with the weird two holes. I’d recommend them.

Special_ized_Jamie

Cant fault the tacx copies, far cheaper and seem to last ok

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘X9 jockey wheels’ is closed to new replies.