Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • X9 Clutch mech keeps going droopy
  • cookci
    Free Member

The clutch on my rear mech became loose and required almost required no effort at all to straighten it.

I found a guide online to remove the plastic plug and tighten however after 2 rides its gone again (and the chain keeps falling off)

Its looking like I have a faulty mech or can I Loctite something?

Thanks
    Christian

walla24
    Free Member

might be a bit duff, I tightened mine and its still stiff a couple months on.

everyone
    Free Member

What guide did you use? Mines gone a bit slack but I didn’t know you could tighten it.

cookci
    Free Member

TBhHthere is nothing to it.

there is a big plastic plug on one of the main joints. Flip it out and tighten the big torx screw

everyone
    Free Member

I might give that a go tonight then, if it all goes wrong I’m going to blame you!

rickon
    Free Member

Be careful when you take the casing off, theres a big spring inside which will ping out and not fit back in again.

cookci
    Free Member

The casing doesn’t need to come off though?!

bumper
    Free Member

pop the centre black plug out and tighten with a t50. the plug just hides the torx bolt

GregMay
    Free Member

Really…. *goes off to inspect his floppy mech*

cookci
    Free Member

anyway back to my question. Can i lock tite this T50 in?

Dog-Ears
    Free Member

Did mine this week and you don’t really need a T50 Torx as an 8mm Allan key will do very nicely. Stayed tight on the first ride but I think I had a bit too much tension so have backed it off a bit. Very easy to do.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘X9 Clutch mech keeps going droopy’ is closed to new replies.