Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • X7 shifters sticking – any solutions?
  • grumm
    Free Member

ie the bottom thumb shifter doesn't return to it's resting position properly – it's like the spring isn't strong enough. Just put brand new cables on and sprayed a load of lube on and it's still doing it. It's doing it on both of them.

Any ideas?

robarnold
    Free Member

It's a common problem unfortunately across the SRAM range….I am in the process of upgrading to XTR shifters and rear mech as a result.

Anyone want to buy an X9 groupset?? 8)

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

Replace with Shimano and have done with it…

grumm
    Free Member

Replace with Shimano and have done with it…

Been thinking about doing just that…

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Mine are doing that. Mind you, my xt ones are doing the same. One common thread is that both bikes are set up with transfill 'mudlovers' cables – the sealed kind. I'm not sure that's why they're doing it – I sprayed lube in the shifters and it's not cured it. Am trying out normal cables now although when I removed the SRAM shifter the lever still refused to spring back.

Junkyard
    Free Member

grumm i have a spare X7 shifter I can add to the list of things to sell you if you ever decide to leave the house with a bike or an XT mech Deore shifter combo if you prefer
    Shall I add it to the bars(TON), grips, tyres and gloves I have for you?

snowpaul
    Free Member

Had that myself – hate sram shifters – took it off and replaced with shimano to match other bikes…

paul

grumm
    Free Member

XT mech and deore shifter combo sounds interesting, cheers.

Think I might just give up biking and stick to STW and pretending to buy stuff off you. 😛

I'm starting to get a bit better but I don't want to push it and make myself ill again.

Junkyard
    Free Member

ok but Lakes 28/29 th …I will bring a chain

grumm
    Free Member

Ooh what's happening on the 28th/29th then? Would be good to have something to aim for.

I heard chainless was the new niche anyway.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘X7 shifters sticking – any solutions?’ is closed to new replies.