Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • X01 grip shift, anyone using one??
  • mactheknife

Just had a wrong delivery from CRC, i ordered a trigger shifter but received a grip shift instead.

Before i return it is anyone using one and if so how do you find it?

Cheers 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

Using XX1 one. They’re good, feel more plasticky than the 9 speed X0 ones of yore, but the shift is very positive and they weigh less than the triggers. I put a square of gorilla tape under the cable cover as it rattles otherwise, which is really annoying!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Not sure about X01 but I much prefer the Gripshift to the trigger shifter on my XX1 set up.

mactheknife

Mmmm, interesting 🙂 i might just keep it and give it a whirl.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Been using grip shift for 18 months now (9sp X9 & 10sp XO), best thing for trail riding.
    Range of shifting, speed of shifting, control etc. bars are much cleaner looking, less bits to damage can’t fault it.

mactheknife

Awesome, you have convinced me. Cheers guys 🙂

mactheknife

OK, fitted it and i think i likey 🙂 it will take a bit of getting used to i think but overall the shifting is so much crisper and sharper.

Cheers all.

GregMay
    Free Member

Using X0 one for a year or so, I love them.

mactheknife

Thing i’m not sure about, are the grips themselves interchangeable. How do i change them to ones i like or when the fitted ones get worn?

Infact i just engaged my brain and figured it out in 3 seconds. Ta 🙂

m_t_b
    Free Member

I had one and got on well with it but be mindful what brakes you are running as I like mine close to the shifter and gripshift prevents certain levers from being mounted close in. That was the reason I stopped using it.

Best idea is to cut down your existing grips to fit.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘X01 grip shift, anyone using one??’ is closed to new replies.