Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • X0 Cranks & shimano BB
  • dan45a
    Free Member

Looking at changing to some SRAM x0 cranks from my old XT ones, will they fit my Shimano press fit BB? The BB is pretty new with the frame so dont really want to change it.

I have no idea in this stuff so try to gauge the total cost. cheers.

PaulD
    Free Member

SRAM use the GXP BB which has unique bearings and axle diameters, so you cannot mix Shimano bearings and SRAM cranks….sorry.

PaulD

dantsw13

However……

I use a Hope BB, which is a HT2 standard, and Hope sell an adapter to fit GXP (SRAM standard) cranks to them.

I can’t see why this wouldn’t fit a Shimano BB? Remember SRAM cranks only tighten on the NDS cup, the DS is just floating.

Having run my Hope BB for 2 years in muddy conditions, I wont be going back to shimano ones again.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dan45a
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback guys. I was told by my LBS I have very limited options with the BB on my frame (Yeti ASR5C). Not sure if this is correct?
    Would a SRAM BB fit the yeti? or hope?

dantsw13

As far as I can see it has a standard 73mm bb shell, so could take any normal bb. Personally I would get a Hope one and the adapter for a SRAM crank.

The Pinkbike review has an ASR5C running SRAM cranks on a GXP bb so that should be fine too.

mbarnes
    Free Member

I have a hope ceramic bb with hope Gxp adapters and xo carbon DH cranks. All fitted to an orange five with 73 mm bb no problems.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

Are those the Point1 racing pedals mbarnes? What are they like?

mbarnes
    Free Member

Yeah they are point ones. They are amazing! Very very grippy and I personally like that they rotate quite slowly. Also very light.

I wear five-tens to cycle and the only downside is they are so grippy you cannot move your foot without lifting it off the pedals. Expensive but I like them.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘X0 Cranks & shimano BB’ is closed to new replies.