Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • X-Trainer for home
  • Notter
    Free Member

Afternoon folks, I’m in the fortunate position whereby I have ~£250 of Amazon vouchers to use and I’d like to get a cross trainer but have the square root of no knowledge on brands etc. aside from those that I’ve used in the gym.

Cross trainer to provide wider than cycling specific workout, and I’ve a turbo if I want to go specific there, so want something to give more of an all body workout if possible. I would like a machine that has pre-programmed workouts and as best quality overall as possible, it will be used!!

So does anyone have any suggestions based on either experience or ownership? I’m not fixed at just using the vouchers so am happy to spend over the top of the value of those. JTX seem to be a brand with generally good reviews, but as I say I’ve nothing to base this on other than Amazon browsing. For example the one below seems to tick the right boxes, but anything I should be considering?? Thank you in advance!!

[/url]

Notter
    Free Member

Now why didn’t that work with the URL tool…..!

Sundayjumper

This probably isn’t the answer you want, but there are great bargains to be had second hand on this kind of thing. It’s exactly the kind of thing people buy with good intentions but never use then sell on in near-mint condition. I bought a NordicTrack ages ago, really solid bit of kit, and less than £100 IIRC.

This also has the advantage that if you find you don’t use it, you won’t loose much when you sell it 🙂

When I’m feeling motivated I use it a couple of times a week it makes a big difference to my fitness on the bike. The action is quite similar to a long steady climb out of the saddle.

Notter
    Free Member

That’s a fair answer and understand that, much like bread makers / coffee machines stuffed at the back of the kitchen cupboards!

Was just looking at Nordic Track ones actually as they are well known, there’s a couple reduced on Amazon, but I’ll have a look second hand also.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I bought a Kettler jobby a few years back that retailed at £999 from someone off ebay. I was lucky that a few things slotted into place and got a great bargain. It had never been used.

this one

Anyway, I use it a lot in winter, in a spare ground floor room in front of the TV or just music and its a good workout. The key component is the flywheel. It needs to be big and heavy to provide a smooth and quality feel. Don’t waste your money on a cheapy as you’ll lose interest in using it.

zilog6128

I’m also gonna do the STW thing and suggest something totally different to what you actually wanted! If you want a proper full-body workout and actually make a difference to your fitness, get a 2nd hand Concept 2 rower instead.

Whatever you get, definitely buy used though. Cheap equipment is junk and there is so much barely used quality exercise equipment out there it’s ridiculous.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

What zilog said ^^^
    Get a concept 2 if you can. Brilliant way to get fit.

Notter
    Free Member

Not a huge fan of rowers personally though I do recognise their benefits, I did have an opportunity to get one from a friend who’s now moved abroad but knew it wouldn’t get used!! Cross trainer I would though.

Notter
    Free Member

BTW – loving eBay as much as the rest of the community is there a GymTrackWorld equivalent that anyone knows of?

craigxxl
    Free Member

At that price you will only get cheap tat which won’t encourage you to use it. I’d look at spending your voucher on something else.

A second hand ex gym machine is probably what you want to looking for but doubt you’ll find them on Amazon

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘X-Trainer for home’ is closed to new replies.