Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • X small/small full suss bike – please!!
  • KonaQueen
    Free Member

Ok, so I currently have a Kona Lisa HT (14″), and have been thinking of upgrading to a full suss for a little while. I demo-ed a Kona Kitsune today (said xs, but I think it was a 15″) and it was fun! I don’t have the funds to buy a brand new bike so looking for another small person to be selling on their current wheels! Any offers?

zerocool

Small Meta 5. Prob quite cheap nowadays.
    Depends what you want t for. Small Stinky’s are pretty small and good price. But a FR/DH bike. Cannondale Prophets come up pretty small as well

KonaQueen
    Free Member

Thanks! I’ve just found a commencal meta 5 in small so going to have a look tomorrow. Bit concerned about it being too aggressive as would like it for all day rides, plus a bit of downhill (gawton, near Tavistock etc)…

matt_outandabout
    juan
    Free Member

The meta is exactly what you’re looking for. If you fear it’s too “gnarly”, shift toward a combi 4, but do not get a meta 4 it will be longer. Or you can get a kona tanuki. My GF has one and I tried it (I am only 2 inches taller) and it’s an amazing bike. They are very very good value for money, even new. This year, the first model starts à 1499€ (so probably barely a gran of your royal money)
    HTH

rp16v
    Free Member

i think giant to the trance in a xs which i belive is 14″ my small is a 16″ and fully recomend for do it all rides, i no thay do a anthem in xs

skink2020

I have a 2005/2006(or thereabouts) orange five frame. It’s a 14 or 15 inch frame. Had it since new.
    done me proud.
    Has a newish fox shock on it and i still have the original manitou shock.
    Has a hope headset installed. It’s hanging up in the shed if you fancy building it up.

KonaQueen
    Free Member

Actually, it’s a commencal meta 4x (oops I was clearly reading the post above whilst typing)!

KonaQueen
    Free Member

I’ve been considering a giant trance too, but haven’t found any secondhand in an xs.
    How much are you selling the orange five for?
    This is great! Lots of helpful advice!!

jo_h
    Free Member

Soon to be listed (when I sort my admin out!) 2007 wsd small stumpjumper, the black and pink one. Complete bike or frame only, had it since new and love it to bits. Selling due to my foray into the world of 29ers, otherwise I think it would have been my bike for life! Let me know if you want pics/price/test ride (I’m Preston based).

zerocool

The Meta 4x is a good little bike. The only problem most men have is they’ve got quite a short top tube for riding XC but as you appear to be a fairly small person that shouldn’t be a problem for you. They build up quite light and if it fits you can do mini DH or XC. I think they’re designed around a 100/110mm fork, but I know people happily run in them with RS Pikes up to 140mm without any problems with handling.

Tom Kp

chrismac

Have a look at the trek fuel ex WSD range. My GF is loving hers.

tracknicko
    Free Member

my young lady has the trance in xs. been great for her.

she (and I) don’t buy into the WSD thing. it may suit some, but definitely doesn’t suit all.

juan
    Free Member

The only problem most men have is they’ve got quite a short top tube for riding XC but as you appear to be a fairly small person that shouldn’t be a problem for you

Her nope they don’t, the meta 5 does, the meta 4 is quite long.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I know of a nos (new old stock) xs trance frame if you’re interested.

cinnamon_girl

Juliana goes down very small.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘X small/small full suss bike – please!!’ is closed to new replies.