Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • X fusion's DLA, Experiences?
  • enigmas
    Free Member

Looking at replacing the Fox 32 I have on my blue pig with an x-fusion slant, mainly as I’m planning on doing some winter dh races in the hardtail cat and after something a little bit stiffer

The DLA version is appealing to me as i’ll be able to keep it in the lower position for general riding (geo would be the same as the fox 32 140mm i have now), when wind it out to 160 for the steep stuff.

Anyone know if there’s any change to the damping in the lowered position? I know some designs add more compression to make it better for climbing but I can’t find any info on x-fusions. Also is there any noticeable extra stiction from the additional seals in the air spring?

Cheers 😀

simonbowns
    Free Member

The DLA is on the air spring side, no tht damper – so no difference. We’ve got several customers using them as a shorter fork that has a long option, rather than vice-versa (hope that makes sense?)

My comprehensive “squidge it on the floor” test shows no noticeable difference between DLA and non-DLA.

HTH,
    Si

enigmas
    Free Member

That’s exactly what I wanted to hear 😀

Was only wondering as if the air chamber is reduced in the lowered position I would have thought it would make the fork a lot more progressive & therefore stiffer. That is based on my very, very limited knowledge of fork internals though!

simonbowns
    Free Member

Simply put, I don’t know – not sure exactly how the DLA system works.

Scamper
    Free Member

How the fork travel behaves feels the same in both settings. The one thing I will say however, is at 130 they feel slightly harsh over certain small repetitive fast hits ie tree root complexes. I’m one who runs them short on my Bfe for 95% of my riding. Open them up at 160 when pointing downhill and its like plugging in a different set of plush forks – which I suppose is the idea. All good 🙂

davidxbrown
    Free Member

Im using Slant DLA and not noticed any difference in damping when lowered, certainly prefer then to Fox Talas.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘X fusion's DLA, Experiences?’ is closed to new replies.