Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • X-Fusion Vengeance. Anyone?
  • hora
    Free Member

http://www.dirtragmag.com/reviews/review-x-fusion-vengeance-hlr

Anyone owned or ridden them?

Coil or air. Which is best in these??

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve got some, thoughts here.

Any questions just ask.

batman11
    Free Member

Yep got a set off pinkbike last November. Like them a lot. Smooth, supple and well controlled.
    Actually thinking off selling of some newish fox forks to get some velvets for my other bike once I get my act to get her and start riding again.
    Bats.

pbooker1995
    Free Member

Ive got a set of the Vengeance Air HLR version and they are great. Really controlled and reliable! Perfect for me!

philbert31
    Free Member

Ivandobski, is that an ltc, if so do you find the longer a2c helps with the steepish head angle and is the extra weight over fox/RS noticeable ?

Phil

Cheezpleez

I have some . Air, non-travel-adjust ones. Very, very good fork. Top quality and really good tweak able damping. Having said that, I bounced them up and down today after a few months of not using them and they’re makng a weird clicking/twanging noise mid-stroke. Anyone else had this? Should I worry?

Cheezpleez

Dah! Doublepost

alialiali
    Free Member

To offer absolutely no useful insight: I have just got hold of a pair that I happened across for 90 quid over on Pinkbike. Near enough brand spanking, pulled off of a blokes Big Hit. Not used them yet myself but they look mighty handsome and very well put together.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Philbert31 – yes it’s an ltc. Nice and slack but it replaced a butcher which could be a tiny bit wandery uphill so it’s better climbing than I’m used to – a good lakes trail build.

Weight wise I don’t think there’s much in it if you’re comparing like for like, compared to a set of revs then yes it’s heavier but much more solid. Compared to 36 floats etc then it’s much of a muchness.

endurojack
    Free Member

I own a 2012 Vengeance RC, and I think it’s the best fork I’ve ridden. Day and night compared to Fox 36 Talas, much better than RS Lyrik U-Turn, and slightly better than 2012 RC3 Ti Evo. I think the review of the fork on Blister Gear Review is pretty much spot on. Weightwise, it’s 2240g ready to ride, which puts it on par with the Talas, and around 200g less than the 55. The fork tracks the trail, this is where it excels. Rebound and compression work beautifully, and reward the rider for time spent with the knobs. When it comes to A2C, I was initially afraid of the increased height, but honestly I don’t feel it on the trail. Bear in mind this A2C has its benefits – the fork is ready for 650b, and the stanchions are 176mm in length, giving you full 170mm of travel. I measured the Talas when I had one, and it showed only 157mm for the 160 advertised. Maybe it’s the negative spring that takes some of it, but the stanchion would not show another mm even when I put in 2,5x more PSI than I needed (80 vs. 35).

Cheezpleez

FWIW the weird noise I mentioned above went away once I cycled the fork a few times. Something to do with storing the bike with the front wheel in the air, I think. Still really impressed with these forks

hora
    Free Member

Endurijack. Can you drop the travel?
    Nowhere is ‘cheap’ 🙁

geetee1972
    Free Member

Hora you can drop the travel of the air spring versions very easily all the way down to 100mm if you like. How patient are you? I have a pair that I am running as a temporary stop gap while I get my Deviles sorted. These are vengeance HLRs and have been ridden now maybe five times. I am guessing I will be in a position to sell them in about another month at most by which point they will have had no more than another six hours use.

hora
    Free Member

Sounds good. I can wait. The 05 z1’s arenttoo bad

geetee1972
    Free Member

Cool beans. Will drop you a line when I’m ready to Pass them on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion Vengeance. Anyone?’ is closed to new replies.