Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • X fusion Trace or Rs Pike?
  • Bolt

Looking for a longer travel 29er fork 140 or 150mm

Seen the Trace dl2 for £150 less than a pike, is the pike with the extra?

I know the pike is good, but anybody ridden both?

Cheers

LoCo
    Free Member

Pike

Bolt

Short and to the point, cheers

Do you have any in stock 150mm with 51mm offset?

benpinnick

RL2, no, but the HLR version would have me looking harder at the options.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Yari would be worth a look if you want a bit cheaper than a Pike.

squealer
    Free Member

Had both and the pike is much better.

woodster

My 29 Pikes in for warranty again so I’d literally buy anything else. Once it’s back I’ll sell it and get a suntour auron or Formula 35

deviant
    Free Member

Got both Rockshox and X-Fusion on my two bikes, as with most suspension it’s very subjective and down to personal feel.
    Unless a product has a glaring fault then these days pretty much everything on the market is good….RS Revs, Fox-34, Marzocchi 350, Manitou Mattoc, Pike etc….

I prefer X-Fusion’s stuff at the moment, the build quality is better than both Fox and RS which both feel a little toy-like after comparing them to my Sweep, the X-Fusion internal cartridge is an all metal build unlike the plastic stuff found in other forks and the feel is more plush, using less air pressure but still resistant to bottoming out….it’s a nice trick and not something RS seem to have mastered yet….of course being subjective not everyone will like that feel, some would think it’s riding too far into it’s travel etc…if you’re going to put a Fox or RS shock with it then it could be a problem (i initially ran an RS Monarch with my X-Fusion forks and it wasn’t a great pairing) but once I went all-in with X-Fusion and fitted one of their shocks the bike worked just how I wanted it to.

I like it, it’s getting on to 2 years old later this year so will probably upgrade to the new Roughcut damper cartridge that apparently drops straight in but I have no qualms about recommending X-Fusion’s standard stuff to other MTBers.

superfli
    Free Member

My mate went from pike 29 to slant rl. He prefers the xfusuon. He had then serviced by tf who converted the lockout to comp adjust.

chestrockwell

Don’t know about the X-Fusion but I had the same dilemma with some Fox 34’s and Pikes. Pikes are a better fork but not worth almost twice what I paid for the Fox.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘X fusion Trace or Rs Pike?’ is closed to new replies.