Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • X fusion slide owners – rebound adjustment query
  • NormalMan

I was setting up my ht today with the Slides on it. I noticed the red rebound adjuster was a little lose (side to side play).

I tried to tighten it but as as I do it winds the adjuster to full slow. Anything else and adjuster gets looser and looser till at full fast it would almost fall off.

I’m pretty sure this isn’t right but can anyone with this fork confirm it for me!

Thanks for your help.

oldfart

Reluctant to mess with mine but I would have thought the adjuster just pulls off ?

NormalMan

Thanks the reply. I’m talking about the red adjuster knob on the bottom of the fork leg. Held in by a screw with 1.5mm Allen key head on it.

oldfart

Should have turned the bike upside down and looked properly ! Don’t you just hold the adjuster back in place and put the bolt back on ? Sorry I’m not being much help am I ?

oldfart

Think I read somewhere the tiny Allen bolt was a let down ?

gallowayboy

What Oldfart says should work…..unless the screw threads are stripped. I lost the adjuster from my Slant (same basic lowers) after it got a wallop; it took a fair bit of searching to get a replacement adjuster and screw, from the US I think, so don’t loose it!

NormalMan

Don’t worry. I’m just trying to work out if it’s a fault or not. I’d had a new rebound unit fitted under warranty and haven’t touched the bike much since putting the forks back on as it’s not nylon main bike.

I tried holding the adjuster and doing the screw up but it only allows you to tighten it if you let go.

NormalMan

@ Gallowayboy

Yep, lost one originally and still have the incorrect spare I bought!

I’ve had a fair few problems with these forks! Wouldn’t buy X Fusion again after my experience.

oldnpastit

Yep, lost one originally and still have the incorrect spare I bought!

If anyone else needs the incorrect spare, I also have one sitting in a drawer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘X fusion slide owners – rebound adjustment query’ is closed to new replies.