Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • X-Fusion Slide – 15mm question….
  • RichBowman

Morning,

So – wanted to query the hive mind…

I’ve just got some X-Fusion slides for my Scandal, and very nice they look too – plus they’re equipped with these new fangled 15mm through axles (Syntace ones…)

So – my question is… Errr – how do you use them? As in, how do I get the maxle out? The lever doesn’t work like a ‘normal’ 9mm QR – and is different to my mate’s RS one (which seems to work more like a normal QR). This one seems to just turn around. It’s got an Allen key screw at one end, but not too keen on attacking with tools just yet. But if it’s needed, I’ll dive in there.

Wheels are fine – Hope Evos with the adapters.

I’ve tried the manual, but is as much use as a Spanish cyclist without his beef steak…

Cheers,

Rich

IvanDobski
    Free Member

The lever isn’t designed to move, it’s basically just a solid “L” shape. It works just like a screw and the allen key just allows you to set the angle of the lever. Don’t keep tightening it without a wheel in as it will pull the legs together.

Put axle in wheel/dropout and tighten, the lever is probably pointing in some random direction.

Leaving the axle tight in the wheel/dropout undo the allen key and take the lever off the axle.

Replace lever onto axle at a more suitable angle and tighten allen key.

Next time you remove/replace the wheel the lever will point in the correct direction.

Hope this helps? (or at least makes sense)

RichBowman

Ta – sounds about right.

Mind if I run through it with you?

1 – ‘unscrew’ the lever from the forks (the wheel isn’t in there yet)

2 – Put in wheel, and axle.

3 – Tighten lever

4 Follow the rest of your instructions!

Cheers – appreciate your help!

Rich

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Yep, that’s the way.

When I first got mine I put the axle in the forks with no wheel in the dropout and tightened it thinking it would only tighten so far – it didn’t, it just kept going and it turned out to be a bit of a pain to get back out.

RichBowman

Cheers again.

How you getting on with them?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I really like them, I’ve got mine at 120mm on an FF29 and like the Vengeance’s I’ve had in the past they seem really well made, the adjusters etc feel really positive and have a noticeable effect.

They’re stiffer than I expected a 32mm 120mm 29er fork to be and generally feel quite robust whilst not being heavy. Plus they’re good out of the box but break-in nicely which I’ve found is the case with quite a few X-Fusion products.

I’m not sure if the pressure guide is slightly out or whether it’s ok once they’re broken in as I tend to ignore them anyway but I don’t suppose it really matters.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion Slide – 15mm question….’ is closed to new replies.