Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • X fusion slants rl2 dla experiences?
  • matther01
    Free Member

Any experience with these?

Does anyone also know if the the gold slick works or is it a bit gimmicky ala kashima?

Really fancy a pair but wondering whether to fork out extra for the shiny gold stanchions.

Cheers

jimmy748

Hi have a pair and think they are great, far better than the floats they replaced. Standard stantions on mine and the dla works a treat.

russyh
    Free Member

I have had two pairs on two different bikes, they are great. However mine are the standard stanchions which are relatively free from stiction. One thing I have noticed on Berliner trails is the small bump compliance isn’t great, so I am practising with running at a lower psi, as they seem to over egg the pressure on the chart. If I can get this dialled in my opinion they will be great forks, especially for the money. No CTD nonsense ! I will be getting mine serviced and valves to suit me in the next month or two. I would recommend a set to anyone!

batman11
    Free Member

Hi mate got the RL2 in use at the minute with gold stantions, nice fork did BPW on them at the weekend and they where fantastic .
    they seem to sit quit high in there travel on normal type trails but when needed just open up and work a charm, as above running much lower air pressures than on the guide and the gold coating looks nice and that’s that from my point of view. Regards dla buddy’s got a set with it does what it says on the tin faultless to date 😀
    So to round up, if you’ve got a grand sat there for fox forks or can find a cracking deal on pikes! But for sub £500 fork new you can’t go wrong I’ll be sticking with xfusion for now that’s forsure.

daveh
    Free Member

Non gold slick, non DLA but excellent forks, really pleased with them. Iirc I’m running something like 10-15psi less than recommended.

russyh
    Free Member

Be good to know what type of riding you guys are running, your bike type and cycling weight in relation to your psi.

The small bump compliance was shocking when I inflated to the recommended pressure for me! Other than that just awesome forks. Once I have them dialled for me I wouldn’t swap for any fox forks

daveh
    Free Member

16 and a bit stone, Peaks/Wharncliffe mainly, Bandit 26 with Slants reduced to 140mm, 80psi.

Not Slants, but Vengeance HLR/DLA non gold.

Had a couple of issues with getting stuck down, but sorted by Freeborn (time will tell).

They are the best forks I’ve had by a mile though. So smooth – 75psi (12.5st). Just set the PSI low as said and play with the LSC

matther01
    Free Member

Thanks folks.

Do they run just as well at 130 as at 160? I would probably be using them 130 most of the time around Cannock/Midlands etc and then up them to 160 in Wales…which then gives me a further conundrum of should I just buy a set of static slants and wind them up and down accordingly.

If its a faff with the static ones then I’d be inclined to go dla.

They’re going on a slackline.

Cheers

jono1982
    Free Member

I have the rl2 sweeps, i set the travel pin at 160, but use a normal plastic travel spacer underneath to set them down to 130.

This then takes about 10 mins to whip the lowers off on a flat bench so you don’t loose any oil, unclip the spacer and stick the lowers back on for the annual trip to the alps..

jono

mattbee

Got the R
    2 on a 26″ Bandit, set to 140mm. I’m circa 13 st and run them at 75psi.
    Lovely plush forks and way netter than the old Pike they replaced.
    Got a set of Velvet on my hard tail, prefer them to the Fox Float I had before. I really rate them and wouldn’t buy anything else fork wise.

Do they run just as well at 130 as at 160? I would probably be using them 130 most of the time around Cannock/Midlands etc and then up them to 160 in Wales…which then gives me a further conundrum of should I just buy a set of static slants and wind them up and down accordingly.

The Vengeance don’t feel right wound down to 140mm (from 170), so I only use the DLA for steep climbs.

Kuco

My Slants spend most of their life at 130mm and work fine.

Scamper
    Free Member

Had slants on my Bfe, mostly at 130 around Cannock etc. On rocky trails they did become slightly harsh so 160 for a nice plush ride. My only criticism was the dust seals were very sticky making it impossible to set sag properly- the tech guides do seem to suggest adding a fair amount of grease inside the dust seals compared to rockshox. Significantly better forks than my previous 2010 20mm Revs.

Alex

Had a set on my Rocket. Replaced Rev RCT3s. Ridden Malverns/FoD/Wales/Alps etc. Definitely agree with the comments above, run a good chunk less pressure than recommended. I didn’t use the DLA much, it worked but the rocket climbed okay at 160mm and I know I’d just forget to open them up on a DH one time and that’d be nasty!

They do sit high in the travel – a lot less dive-y than the RCT3s. Really happy with them as a match for the rocket. Bought a set of Trace’s for my 29er FS with the gold coating and they’re even better. Bit plusher definitely but J-Tech gave them a fettle as part of the purchase price.

For £500, a great fork. My BOS Deville’s are better but they are no way £400 better!

matther01
    Free Member

Cheers folks…ended up getting a set of rl2s with gold coating.

J tech were the cheapest and will lower them for me and tune them without charge too!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘X fusion slants rl2 dla experiences?’ is closed to new replies.