Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • x-fusion slant rotor compatibility
  • richardkennerley

Does anyone know if a 203mm hope floating rotor can be made to work with an x-fusion slant fork?

I have an SLX caliper which is to be directly mounted to the fork, but the inner part of the rotor fouls the caliper where it bolts to the fork.

benpinnick

For a 203 rotor you cant mount an SLX caliper straight on… but maybe I read it wrong.

tangoman19
    Free Member

I use a 180mm mount for the Shimano 203mm rotor on my Slant. Was under the impression it only could take a 203mm but when mine came this wasn’t the case! Fits perfect anyway…

daveh
    Free Member

The 2013 Slant was 200mm (or 203mm/8″ i assume) rotor only, the 2014 was 180 or 200mm. I suspect this doesnt help the OP though as its a thickness/clearance issue between the side face of the rotor and the fork itself, if i’ve read it correctly.

richardkennerley

Cheers for the replies. Yeah I get that it’s 203mm only, although I didn’t know this before I bought it so that was a bit of a pain.

I can see that the caliper should bolt straight on and it would put the pads in the right position on the rotor, but the centre (the join between carrier and rotor) of the rotor just catches the edge of the caliper right where it attatches to the fork.

I guess the specific question is does anyone have experience of getting a hope rotor to work on this fork?

davidxbrown
    Free Member

I used to have a Slant set up with Hope Tech M4 brakes and Superstar Floating Rotor 203 no adapter…. Clearance was minimal so I tried a Hope Floating Rotor to see if it was any better, it wasn’t … About the same. Carried on with the Superstar rotors without a problem.

richardkennerley

Dammit, I knew I should’ve gone for superstar, impatient though, was able to get my hands on the hope one without waiting.

colournoise

A riding mate sorted this issue out with a file (carefully!).

My Slants are fine with XT calipers and Shimano floating discs.

nodrog2
    Free Member

I’ve used my 2014 Slants with Hope Tech 4 and 203mm floating rotor with no problems at all.

moneytrain81
    Free Member

Can anyone post a pic of their Slant (2014) set up, as I am having a nightmare trying to figure out a rotor and adapter setup.

I have Deore m615 brakes for what it is worth, with a basic shimano 180mm rotor. And a Clarks 203mm floating rotor as well I bought as I thought the forks only took 203mm.

I have adapters for both sizes of rotor, but am going mental trying to get the brakes to fit.

conkers
    Free Member

2013 Slant with Hope E4 caliper, 203mm Hope floating rotor on a 20mm Nukeproof hub (endcaps on the hub for the 15mm axle). It has minimal clearance barely 1mm but hasn’t caused any problems for the last month I’ve been running that setup.
    I have heard that Hope hubs have the rotor mounts set slightly further inboard to help clearance for the floating rotor.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘x-fusion slant rotor compatibility’ is closed to new replies.