Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • X Fusion Slant RL2 Knock
  • kahunajb
    Free Member

I have the above forks, I think the 2013 version. They have developed a knock when the travel tops out i.e. when lifting the front wheel and the lowers fully extend.

Has anyone else had this and know what is causing it and how it can be fixed?

astormatt
    Free Member

I had this on my slants, you haven’t put too much air in have you?
    I accidentally put too much air in mine and they developed the knocking.
    They were great forks before then to be honest.

kahunajb
    Free Member

Was experimenting with the pressure tonight so possibly. Did you manage to fix them?

ehrob

Something like this happened to mine. Thought at first it was the headset. Warranty job, damper was broke. May not help you though I’m afraid! I got mine from freeborn, they were dead helpful.

tangoman19
    Free Member

Same ^^^^

Damper broke, Jtech hugely helpful in rebuilding it.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

Same. mine went back today with this problem. Damper is a month old having only just been replaced. I’m selling the crap. They work amazing for two weeks then performance goes down every ride.

thepodge
    Free Member

I had a top out clunk on my x-fusion trace, took them to Wharncliffe cycle tech for a service and a tune, now they are the by far the best forks I’ve ever owned

ehrob

I should add that for balance, the warranty job on mine was three years ago almost (they were quite new when it happened), and they’ve run since then without a problem (or a service!). Really solid bit of kit IMO.

kahunajb
    Free Member

Surprised this many people have had problems as they seem to get recommend at lot. Anyway I’ve emailed Chain Reaction this morning which is where I got them from as looking at X Fusion’s website they have a 2 year warranty which I am just inside still. I’ll see what happens.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘X Fusion Slant RL2 Knock’ is closed to new replies.