Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • x-fusion seat post – clamp bolt
  • theotherjonv

For my hi-lo dropper. It needs quite a lot of torque and with my shitty Allen key set it’s starting to round out. Anyone know where to get a spare. Have phoned the UK distributor this am and they were bob-all help, just told me to try a hardware shop. I’ve got one of the best bolt shops near me and they’ve not seen anything like it, so I’m now getting stuck.

I think they’ve changed their head type, so here’s a pic.

theotherjonv

Anyone?

neilwheel
    Free Member

It’s a bit like trying to identify someone from a picture of their hat.

robware
    Free Member

I’ve recently got one, too, and found the bolt head to be a bit shitty. Takes a bit of coaxing to get the key all the way in, and it’s very easy to round off if you don’t.

I was going to see if Tibolts had a decent replacement, but I’m afraid to remove it in case they do not.

That looks like a USE Sumo seat clamp – in which case, isn’t it just a long (40-50mm?) M6 round/hex headed machine screw? Any decent hardware store should be able to match that up if you take it in.

theotherjonv

No, if it was ‘just’ an M6 machine screw Margnor in Guildford would have had it.

After some concerted googling it seems to be a ‘shoulder bolt’ – with a portion of the bolt shaft of wider diam (and unthreaded) vs the threaded part, which then acts as the pivot for the angle adjustment of the saddle. Have been trawling through various suppliers trying to find the right dimensions but so far no joy – and then there’s the issue of what spec I need, given it needs to be torqued to around 20+ NM.

Hence why i wondered if there was any source of the correct spare part, other than the f’all help distributor.

RustyMac

Upgrade bike do the servicing on these posts, i have just got mine back from them and it is good as new. Try giving them a ring or popping them an email and see if they are able to help you out with a replacement bolt.

http://shop.upgradebikes.co.uk/contact/contact.aspx

theotherjonv

I phoned them yesterday and they told me to try a hardware shop.

RustyMac

Ah ok, sorry. They have been really go in the past with help for me.

BillOddie

I’d try dropping X-Fusion an email direct (explain you have already tried Upgrade) and see if they can give you a part number so Upgrade can order you one.

acidchunks

I found the same problem with mine, it was on and off a few times for cleaning and adjusting.

Only advice I can give is spend a tenner on a park tools Allen key multi tool. The tollerances on them are pretty tight so less likely to round out the bolt.

theotherjonv

Credit where due, got a message back from upgrade just now and they are locating the bolt for me.

(maybe someone reads on here…..)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘x-fusion seat post – clamp bolt’ is closed to new replies.