Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • X-fusion nightmare !!!
  • ricky1
    Free Member

I’ve hit a brick wall with my shock maintenence.
    A couple of weeks ago I noticed some play in the rear suspension on my 2006 spesh fsr xc and narrowed it down to the bushing.
    I endeavoured to change it myself which has become somewhat of a pain in the proverbials,the maintenence part of it is fine it’s just finding the correct parts,I ordered some bushes from tf tuned and have fitted them however the play is still there and have come to the conclusion that the eyelet bushings probably need changing also but cannot find any anywhere,the shock is an x-fusion rla 02,x-fusion don’t want to know and keep fobbing me off and tell me to go to a distributor and this is where I hit the brick wall,everyone I get in touch with just say go to x-fusion,any advice???

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry, don’t understand – you say you’ve changed the bushings, but the eyelet bushings need changing? Eyelet bushings are a standard part – all sorts of info about measuring and stuff on tftuned‘s site..

bikeneil
    Free Member

Just ring Upgrade. They’ll sort you out.

legend
    Free Member

i take it you mean that the top-hat reducers now need changing? standard problem as top-hats are shit, worth replacing them with the likes of a TF heavy duty reducer kit

ricky1
    Free Member

As you can see I’m new to maintaining shocks so you will have to bear with me,thanks LEGEND I think the reducer kit will sort it,if not I’ll ring upgrade so thanks BIKENEIL.
    Sorry if I seem a little dumb DEZB I’m new to all this and trying to take on my own maintenence also but thanks for the advice.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Try a Spesh dealer
    Or

http://www.mountainbikecomponents.co.uk/items.asp?CategoryID=92&Name=Strong+Bushes

Even have the tools to changed the bush

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry if I seem a little dumb DEZB

I thought I was the one being dumb! 😉

ricky1
    Free Member

No DEZB it’s definitely me,would be better if I could post pics on here then you could all se and problem solved.
    I’m just a bit disappointed with the lack of commitment to help me by the people I have spoken to about this problem,I’ve even offered the work to various bike mechanics but they don’t seem to want to know probably as it’s not an expensive shock hence lack of money to be made for the trouble.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘X-fusion nightmare !!!’ is closed to new replies.