Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • X-fusion Hilo seat post remote cable swop-out
  • kiwifiz
    Free Member

A question for hilo seat post users…. the supplied cable for the remote seems to be universally slated as cheap, nasty and a common source of problems, and so wondering what users have swopped out to instead? Have just acquired one and looking to sort before installing…….Thanks for your help!

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Anyone?

Actually tried with just under seat lever for a spin around Cannock today and think I could almost get used to it….one way of solving any potential cable issues! Not as plush as my 2012 reverb and squeaky seals at the moment but just good to have a 27.2 mm drop option that’s hydraulic and variable height……

scruff
    Free Member

Any gear cable will do iirc.

kiwifiz
    Free Member

That much is perhaps obvious, but wondering what hilo users have found as a GOOD alternative and where they sourced it from…..single (as opposed to pairs) good quality break cables not that common from a quick search……so perhaps xtr outer with cheaper shimano inner etc?

doubledunter
    Free Member

I used a Clarks gear cable from Halfrauds with no problems 🙂

steezysix
    Free Member

I’ve used a teflon coated one for a while – seems to work a bit better than the stock one, but not worth worrying about tbh. Main thing is to wipe any mud/grit off the point where the cable and seatpost mechanism after you ride.

falkirk-mark

I got the remote one (which also comes with lever) and have only used the lever up till now which I found to be fine.

doubledunter
    Free Member

Ive been using the remote now for about 4 weeks, riding about 4 times a week in muddy conditions with no problems, mobi wash the dirt from under the seat after every ride, the only reason I changed from the stock cable was because the cable crimp came off and the cable frayed..I have been told they need servicing quite often but as of yet mines is running fine and dandy 😀

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Thanks all….much appreciated. Will try the stock one when I can but funnily enough my Hilo came missing the cable barrel so have had a couple of rides now with just the lever….think I could get used to it and love being able to swop out the seat post on the fly with a standard one for lighter cross country/road duties…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘X-fusion Hilo seat post remote cable swop-out’ is closed to new replies.