Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • X-Fusion HiLo at Wiggle
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

Thinking of getting one of these in 27.2mm, I notice that the ones from Germany seem to be OEM and don’t come with the under seat lever as well as the bar remote.
    Wiggle have stock of the right size, but are obviously a little bit more money, however if they’re not OEM will it come with both levers?

Is it right that the ones with the red anodized bits were OEM and didnt come with it but the black anodized ones are retail and do?

Thought it may be quicker to ask on here than ask them!

Cheers.

cp

The wiggle descriptions says ‘Optional handlebar remote’, so would assume that’s not supplied. I’d email them – they’ve been quick to respond to my queries in the past.

mrjmt
    Free Member

It was the remote on I was looking at so hope its not optional!

I’ll drop them an email, was hoping to get one ordered before 2pm hoping it’ll arrive before thurs.

stevemtb
    Free Member

Mine from Wiggle came with both.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

Mine from merlin came with both, its great.

warpcow
    Free Member

Doesn’t the ‘optional’ bit just mean that the Hi-Lo comes with both remote and lever, so you can run it however you like? That’s how my friend’s came anyway.

RustyMac

what travel is on the 27.2 version of HiLo ? are they all 100mm aprox 4 inches or as with other manufacturers is the travel reduced for the 27.2.

IA

whilst we’re at it, I’ve seen some listed as 400mm posts, others as 380mm – which is it? I’d need the extra length (ooh err missus)

mrjmt
    Free Member

I belive the travel is 100mm, they’ve released a new version with more travel in the larger sizes this year.

I’d love to buy one, however when I add it to my basket on wiggle the price is £10 higher than it says on the product page!

Turns out I’ve had to email them anyway. 😥

mrjmt
    Free Member

IA, I remember there being a thread on here somewhere where someone had put measurements of the post on.

RustyMac

Please keep us updated with the outcome

cheers

Rusty

mrjmt
    Free Member

Got a very quick response from wiggle. They confirmed that the price should be the lower one (the one advertised on the product page).

Order placed, they just said that they’ll deduct the £10 once I have an order number.

Also used the £5 newsletter signup voucher, so £175 all in. Only around £10 more than getting it from Germany and it means it’ll have both levers. 😀

Just need to figure out how to explain its arrival to the wife…

RustyMac

“Just need to figure out how to explain its arrival to the wife… “

Go to the shed, find an old seatpost and take a hack saw to it.

Darling my old one was broken so i needed a new one, and check this out – this one goes up and down !!!!!! isn’t that AWESOME!!!!

tandemwarriors

Bit late, but got mine from Wiggle just after Christmas and yep, both lever & remote kit in the box.
    Love mine :-), might have to get another for the back of the tandem!

doubledunter
    Free Member

I looked at this yesterday morning at £179, yesterday afternoon it went up to £189 then today its back at £199..you can still pick it up for £175 from other cycle stores, it does come with the remote option also as it had me confused whether it does or not so emailed the shop.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Glad I sorted it yesterday now! 😯

Out of interest, I know that they recommend using some finishline Fiber Grip on the cones on the clamp, does that come in the box too?

tandemwarriors

Nope, no ‘fibre grip’ supplied with mine. Not had it slip yet, fingers crossed.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion HiLo at Wiggle’ is closed to new replies.