Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • X-Fusion Hilo – any good?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry another question for the Hilo owners?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Wouldn’t get rid of mine for anything. Still works perfectly, no play in the mechanism (just a small amount of rotational play which has remained constant since new).

I understand the reluctance to fork out a hundred-and-odd quid for a post, but the difference it makes when riding (assuming you have a frequent changes in gradient) is considerable. Definitely worth a punt, I would say.

foxyrider
    Free Member

thanks 3F – nice to know about longevity – I am fairly regular at cleaning and maintaining so hopefully that should keep it sweet 🙂

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I didn’t want to be constantly wiping the stanchion and seal, so I fitted a neoprene boot (made for inverted forks). The clamp design is also very open and looked susceptible to water ingress, and thus the inevitable creaking it causes. I chopped up a drum head and made a little fender which keeps the clamp almost spotless. Prevention is favourable to cure, I think. The fender looks enormous from that angle, but is almost imperceivable from normal vantage points (link).

foxyrider
    Free Member

thanks 3F – yeh was thinking of putting a deflector on just like that 🙂

argyle
    Free Member

and where does one find a hilo in blighty?

foxyrider
    Free Member

no where? – I’m going to order the 27.2 (?oem) remote version from Deutschland 🙂

Edit: VVV – from Germany inc postage is £172.40 , Merlin 161.96 inc discount but not 27.2 🙂

Vortexracing

Merlin have 31.6 and 30.9 ones in stock

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion Hilo – any good?’ is closed to new replies.