Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • X-Fusion forks and 203 Floating Rotor Clearance
  • davidxbrown
    Free Member

Looking for feedback on either Hope Floating or Shimano IceTech on the Slants and Trace for clearance.

On my Slants I was using standard hope rotors but decided to try the Superstar Alpine floating rotor, the clearance between the aluminium carrier and the fork brake mount is about 0.5mm, pretty tight but other than light witness scratches on the rotor carrier on muddy wet rides seams ok. :-). But it is tight!

So about to build up a new project with Trace forks and umming and arring about what to do rotor wise, standard seems the sensible thing to do……. I have some used hopes but …..

So anyone using Hope or IceTech and can give feedback?

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Don’t know on slant/trance as I use X-Fusion Velvet DLA, but I run 180 hope disc on hope hub and don’t have any issues with clearance. but I can check tomorrow.

What hubs you using?

davidxbrown
    Free Member

@ MTB Rob your 180 Hope Disc is it floating?

Currently the floating discs are on Bontrager Rhythm Hubs but about to change over to Hope Pro2, however I would expect exactly the same issue as a standard disk on the Hope Pro2 Hub is correctly centered on the caliper.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MTB-Rob
    Free Member

yes nice red floating discs. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion forks and 203 Floating Rotor Clearance’ is closed to new replies.