Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • X-Fusion fork repair & service. Who should I use?
  • ThePinkster

My X-Fusion Slant DLA is in dire need of a service and repair was the lockout broke on it in May.

Who’s the current UK service centre of choice for all you X-Fusion owners currently?

Cheers.

tish
    Free Member

Whatever you do don’t use upgrade. Absolute shambles of a company. When I was having problems with them 18 bikes were really helpfull so I will be using them in future.

thegreatape
    Free Member

J-Tech maybe?

thepodge
    Free Member

Just had my X-fusion forks custom tuned by Wharncliffe cycle tech. Absolute outstanding job translating my random comments into the best forks I’ve ever had.

ThePinkster

Cheers folks.

letmetalktomark

For balance I used Upgrade for my Slides.

I phoned spoke to them first to explain what was up, then sent my forks to that person.

Turnaround was about a week as I think my sending of them coincided with a show but they were upfront about that on the call.

I’d use them again.

@Tish – what was up with them?

iainc

do TF Tuned not do XFusion ? They have been brilliant with other brands

Speshpaul

Jtech. Excellent service. Did a superb little tune on the compression on my slides

digger95
    Free Member

Pete did a good job on my Traces, cheaper @£75 too. Not sure if he’ll do posting…near Cardiff http://www.suspensioninc.co.uk/

unklehomered
    Free Member

Upgrade’s weakness is comms IME, on actual work and turn around I can’t fault them.

ThePinkster

Will check out JTech, thanks. TFT say they do X-Fusion but there’s bugger all on their site about it, re.costs, etc.

Just noticed that JTech aren’t that far from either so could probably drop them in.

Cheers folks.

tish
    Free Member

@letmetalktomark I damaged the damper so called them to see if they could repair them. They told me no problem and it would be about a week turnaround. Ten days later I had heard nothing so called again to be told they hadn’t received them. I had all the tracking details and they miraculously found them in the workshop and apologised because they had been at a show. Fair enough it happens, a week later still no sign so I called them and got through to the same person, he’s adamant they haven’t received them again. I went through all the explaining again and he then remembers but they haven’t had time to do them because they have been at a show. (Pattern developing here). Prior to this I was talking to 18 bikes about upgrading the damper from the rl2 to the roughcut damper and these had just become available. I then called upgrade to see if they could change the damper to the roughcut for me if they hadn’t started my old one. They told me the roughcut wasn’t available yet, so I explained my contact with 18 bikes and they pretty much called me a liar and told me if I could prove it they would do it for me. I showed them my emails with 18bikes and they eventually did them and returned them but I was without my forks for nearly a month. None of this was warranty work and I was paying extra for the upgrade, the forks are fine now, I’ve no problem with the work done but I’ll never use them again.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Well. I’d update as my Slides went in for service with Upgrade last week.

Got them back yesterday. few other bits replaced at no extra charge to the service. Comms were minimal as before, but good the email saying they were ready was comprehensive and offers BACS payment options, and once paid for they were back with 24 hours.

tish
    Free Member

I’m glad you got better service than I did, maybe I was unlucky.
    In fairness to them they were replacing the broken part on my forks in with the price of a service.
    I still wouldn’t use them again though.

gallowayboy

Just had my slant done by TF Tuned – the service was excellent.

TFT say they do X-Fusion but there’s bugger all on their site about it, re.costs, etc.

costs for each model are clearly on their service section of the website

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion fork repair & service. Who should I use?’ is closed to new replies.