Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • X-Fusion customer service. would you be a bit miffed?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

After fine-tuning the oil change procedure to an anally retentive degree, I’ve finally got my original HiLo set up where it doesn’t require a full rebuild every six months. I’ve ditched the remote because it wasn’t applying enough force to the release spring (which is the main culprit for poor return performance). It now just has the crotch lever. The problem I think is that it’s a pretty poor seal and let’s water in over time. If I do my refined service (which includes compressing it over 100 times to let every drop of fluid out) I can keep it running sweet for six months or so. To also counteract the poor seal, I drip chain lube on the stanchion after each wash and keep it compressed until the next ride. Apart from this, it is a great post!

tony07
    Free Member

Has anyone figured out how to stop it leaking from the double o ring seal at the under seat lever?

binners

Well… after further communication with Wiggle…

X-Fusion have said that the warranty referred to on their website – 2 years – only applies to the US, and not the UK. For the UK its only one year.

Why that’s the case remains a mystery

jimplops

Probably because we have crappier weather than the states so wear things out quicker.
    Still crappy attitude tho.

martinhutch

I take it you haven’t got the manual squirrelled away somewhere? – that explicitly states the warranty terms it was sold with*

eg this

http://www.xfusionshox.com/images/pdf/Hilo-Owners-Manual-all-2015update-v02.pdf

As for the unauthorised work, if it comes down to it I’d be asking for your property to be returned in the condition it was sent.

*EDIT: Though I notice the fox-style get-out clause is that the ‘maintenance cycle’ involves complete oil and seal change every six months. And change the cable once a month in wet conditions? Sounds like the Hilo isn’t suitable for UK conditions whatsoever.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That’s pathetic. Get on their Twitter page binners.

binners

Thanks for that Martin. I’ve fired that owners manual PDF off to them, stating as it clearly does a 24 month warranty. Lets see what they’ve got to say about that

bennn
    Free Member

I’ve had similarly (extremely bad) service from Upgrade, with a HiLo they’d previously repaired, and had failed with the same issue again.

In the end I bought a KS Lev and wouldn’t buy anything X-Fusion due to the lack of backup/ support. Which is a shame really because their forks get great reviews.

martinhutch

Thanks for that Martin. I’ve fired that owners manual PDF off to them, stating as it clearly does a 24 month warranty. Lets see what they’ve got to say about that

This is from upgrade’s UK website about the HiloACE, in case you needed a UK example of a post having a 2-year warranty.

http://shop.upgradebikes.co.uk/files/technical/xfusion/HiloACEManual.pdf

In the end I bought a KS Lev and wouldn’t buy anything X-Fusion due to the lack of backup/ support. Which is a shame really because their forks get great reviews.

I have a set of X-Fusion Vengeance – originally had the adjustable travel version. They went faulty and were sent back to Freeborn. Went faulty again after repair, so went back again. Eventually ended up being sent a new set without travel adjust plus a refund for the difference. The new forks have been fine and communication/service was exemplary throughout

Harry_the_Spider

I’m wondering how many future sales this could affect… lots I hope.

binners

Well… After firing the owners manual back at them (thanks Martin), which clearly states a 2 year warranty, they’ve had a change of heart. I’m getting my post back, as a warranty job, with no charge. 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

Its good this has happened but bad you had to do this to get it sorted

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Good stuff binners.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Dropper posts do seem to be a world of pain reliabilty wise. Glad it’s sorted as I’m considering their forks.

martinhutch

Result! Not sure it will mean trouble=free droppage in the longer-term – you might be better off flogging it before it goes out of warranty and buying something more reliable.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘X-Fusion customer service. would you be a bit miffed?’ is closed to new replies.