Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wyre Forest – where to ride
  • aracer
    Free Member

Is all the interesting stuff up at Kinlet, or do people ride elsewhere? I know Hawkbatch is supposed to be out of bounds, but what about Callow Hill for cheeky stuff? Was up there at the weekend for an XC race at Kinlet, but we then decamped to Callow Hill for the playground and I was pretty disappointed with the routes from there (the family “MTB” loop is really rubbish, though I found some vaguely interesting cheeky bits – to be fair “disappointed” is the wrong term, as I already knew it was rubbish).

z1ppy

Lots of trails, but away from the visitors centre, as MTBing is not encouraged in the woods. Most of what I use as a regular loop, are the other side of the river from the VC, that’s not to say the callow hill side is barren. You either need to spend a lot of time trawling round*, or jump on one of the many regular group rides to gain ‘the knowledge’.. Lots of locals regularly post on here, so I’m kinda surprised you haven’t been offered a tour yet. Bump the post tomorrow, by posting when your free to ride, & no doubt you’ll get many invitations… 👿

*thats not to say its hard to find trails, just time consuming linking up the good bits.

mboy
    Free Member

aracer, if you’re free in the week at all, I’m not up to much right now being that I’ve just finished college for another term. I don’t know everything in there, but I do know some of the good trails that you might have heard of.

Can’t make weekends at the moment though I’m afraid, busy working…

dibboid
    Free Member

Give me your email address (mines in my profile) I’ll send you a gpx file if you want. Thats if you have a way of using it in the field so to speak. Failing that you can us when we go which is quite regular.

itsallgood

dibboid – Can I take up your offer of the gpx file.

dibboid
    Free Member

itsallgood – Member

dibboid – Can I take up your offer of the gpx file.

YGM Let me know if it came through ok please. 🙂

Just found this thread.
    There’s a Wyre Forest MTB Facebook group if you’re looking for people to tag along with.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/119763151384130/

poonprice
    Free Member

Most of the good stuff is Callow Hill side of Wyre forest, there is some good stuff once you cross Button Oak road tho, its definitely worth riding, especially at the moment its, dry and will be riding amazing. Try and find a GPX for the XC loop as a start. Also try Strava and look at Explore section, most the good stuff has segments. There is also quite a bit of riding in areas of the forest bikes aren’t mean’t to be 😉

Look out for, End of Line, Camber, Jedi, Caravan, Jungle Run, Pepsi Max

Theres a lot to link up, but to make a great ride you need some local knowledge or gpx.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wyre Forest – where to ride’ is closed to new replies.