Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Wyre Forest trails are so gnarly that..
  • rOcKeTdOg

these were the weapons of choice today

visitor centre muesli flapjack was ace and the picnic area was packed with attractive mums having coffee, it was agony holding my gut in for so long 😉

empty trails, muddy in parts, dusty in others and the forestry work hasn’t ruined any of the good trails yet, they just look different without the trees

shinsplints

rocketdog – fancy showing a couple of us around there soon ????

RudeBoy
    Free Member

it was agony holding my gut in for so long

Corset was!

shinsplints

lol@rudeboy

franki
    Free Member

‘sup Rocketdog. 🙂

I was over the Wyre on Sunday for the first time in ages, making the most of the sunshine :D. Was busy at the centre, but no one on the trails really.
    It’s riding pretty well I reckon – fair bit of forestry work going / gone on though as you say – lot of trails covered in chopped off branches.

Didn’t head that way, but is the bridge back up now over Dowels, where the bridleway heads away from the main fireroad junction by the rocky outcrop and signpost, down parallel to the brook towards Bewdley?
    Just thinking ahead for my next ride…

rOcKeTdOg

no the bridge is still missing so you have to cross the stream, i almost made it but had to dab! hence having to remove sock for the drive home

franki
    Free Member

Ha ha!
    Last time I went down there it was the middle of winter and there was a great risk of being washed down stream! (Needless to say I found a different route.)

kona_uk
    Free Member

I was out on Sunday with a few other guys, the trails were nice and dry, bumped into a few other riders too…

It was quite warm by mid day and I really enjoyed the riding, apart from going over the bars…first time out on my new bike too ! 🙂

The weather is looking good for the rest of the week, so going to squeeze in a couple more rides in this week whilst its dry…

There is a group of us over on bikeradar that meet up if anyone is interested….

shinsplints

@kona_uk – hows it going ? – I will be up for a ride but not until probably easter weekend if you are around ??? (away with kids next week !)

kona_uk
    Free Member

shinsplints – is it Simon ?

shinsplints

yeah dude ! or i can usually do a nightride one night in the week

kona_uk
    Free Member

yeah dude ! or i can usually do a nightride one night in the week

I thought so….I could not find your email address/remember screen name….

I will probably be around over the easter break as I dont like driving over bank holidays…

A guy from over your way came out with us on Sunday, ‘MilitantGraham’….I think we are out Weds night this week ?

shinsplints

Can’t do Weds unfortunately – my e mail is rollason73@hotmail.com – Not sure who militantgraham is – i know there are a couple of lads that ride here but our paths have never crossed.Hope we can hook up soon !

kona_uk
    Free Member

No problem, just drop me an email when you are free and hopefully I should be allowed out to play. 🙂

MicArms

Was over there last night, nice and dry and riding very fast too. I reported earlier that the garlic was unrideable due to felling, that is now clear.

votchy
    Free Member

Was out with Mick last night too, as his post above, wish they would sort this forestry work out, every time I ride there another one of the good trails has been blocked by felling, from what we saw last night they must be putting a new Bewdley by pass in or trying to create huge car parks with scattered woodland.

franki
    Free Member

They sure are making a mess.
    Seem to be widening the fireroads into dual carriageways by chopping back a few metres into the forest all the way along. 🙄
    Cannock’s taking a bit of a battering too.
    (I know they’re working forests, but it looks bleedin’ awful until it starts growing back a bit.)

rOcKeTdOg

chill out, the trees are the reason we can ride there, it’s a managed woodland, old trails my go and new ones will be made, see it as progression

franki
    Free Member

I’m so chilled, I’m horizontal dude. 😀

rOcKeTdOg

i didn’t mean you franki

we’re not even supposed to ride off the designated paths and bridleways so i fail to see why people get worked up because the essential work done in the forest ‘destrys our trails waaa waaa!! etc etc’

kona_uk
    Free Member

A lot of it has changed over the last few months, but change is good…IMO

There is a lot of open/flat exposed stuff now, but the plants and vegetation need to grow and with spring/summer just about here….it wont be long before it all starts growing again…

The big downside is that when it rains, its gets really muddy due to all the vehicles and wider tracks etc…

franki
    Free Member

i didn’t mean you franki

No worries mate! 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Wyre Forest trails are so gnarly that..’ is closed to new replies.