Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Wyre forest singletrack – where?
  • fent
    Free Member

Can anyone help me locate the good trails round Wyre forest, I have read numerous threads about good singletrack over there but I know it can be very hard to find. I have heard there are a few downhill routes too (3 bears & camber)and I’m keen to give these a go.

i have a GPS unit and 1;250 000 map so if you have co ords that’s even better.

I have just tried parking in the Earnwood copse car park (I used to use visitors centre). Am I in the right place?
    I have heard that runs start from Button oak, which side of the road is best though, Kinlet or earnwood copse
    Also kinlet mountain bike area – any help with this.

please help, I’m getting frustrated thinking there are good routes i could be using instead of the crappy main routes.

Cheers

Mark

MrTall
    Free Member

You need a guide ideally and there are plenty available if you ask on here. A few of us ride with Mic Arms off here as he knows the place very well. Usually on Wednesday nights but it can vary. There are several groups who ride there with many of them starting at the Duke William pub just along from the visitor centre.

I think Mick is away this week but you’d be welcome to join one of our rides when he’s back. Even though we’ve been riding there for ages, we still get lost without Mick! Great riding in there although it’s bloody muddy at the moment – Camber is mostly holding up well but 3 bears would be a bit scetchy at the moment but still rideable.

Edit – BTW – Camber and 3 Bears are XC trails which are downhill, not what you would call ‘downhill’ in the 10″ travel triple clamp fork type of riding….. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

As said, loads of stuff if you know where to look, are you local or traveling for one off visits?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sc-xc

fent – have you got enough time to ride with all those fast cars? 8) 😉

old_mtber
    Free Member

Have a look on Bike Radar Forum – Wyre Forest Rides. Regular Sunday rides 1030 hrs at Duke William pub Callow Hill

Here’s the thread on BikeRadar, it’s up to 143 pages now. 😀
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12602037

Here’s a route we did a couple of weekends ago. We don’t always stay in the forest.
    http://connect.garmin.com/activity/62441662

What MrTall said. If you want proper downhill, go to Ribbesford.
    Camber can be ridden upwards, most of Three Bears probably could too.

Camber. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsIeTn7HnOA
    Three Bears. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua41mvNlpv0

fent
    Free Member

Cheers for the replies chaps,

Mr Tall – went over on Sunday and it was very muddy so when conditions improve I wouldn’t mind tagging on to a run in the near future.
    I did mean trail that are downhill so that is fine. Don’t think myself or my bike would cope with the serious downhill stuff. Popped over to Ribbesford after Wyre on Sunday but turned back when I was the kit in use in the lay by. Thought better against embarrassing myself infront of a large crowd. (maybe on a quiet day…) LOL.

RocketDog, Fairly local. I live in Wordlsley near Stourbridge. I am looking for regular rides to give me a break from the Chase. I normally do an early Sunday run while the Mrs is in bed.

Tom, (SC XC). Westfield is tucked up in the garage and will be for several months as fuel is too bloody expensive. This is my new ‘cheaper’ hobby, LOL. Commuting to work in the Impreza is costing a fortune, need to get back on the bike to work VV soon

Old MTBer, will check that out tomorrow, cheers

And finally, Midland trailquest Graham – ooh a map with a route on, now that’s really got me excited. I’m gonna go an programme my route now.
    Guess what I am gonna be doing when the boss is not looking tomorrow 😉

Cheers all, may see some of you round the Forest soon

Mark

fent
    Free Member

Tom,
    Are you still local. I think I saw you crossing the road on the A491 the other morning. just after 7.30, pushing a bike with a kid.
    If you see a silver impreza going past papping, don’t worry it’s just me

MrTall
    Free Member

Fent, we sometimes ride on Sundays as well if those with families can get some time away. But it’s mostly evenings.

There’s no email in your profile otherwise i’d send you an email next time we’re over there. I’m guessing it’ll be next week now.

My emails in my profile if you want us to keep you in the loop. Rides are usually 7pm for 2.5-3hrs and a cheeky pint afterwards.

fent
    Free Member

Mr Tall,
    will add my email address to my profile now so please let me know of upcoming runs. Would like to do a few evening runs but it’s work dependant. Will be working away in Bracknell this week and then Central London next which is not good.I do work away a bit and often at short notice but I’ll hopefully catch a run soon.
    Weekends are pretty booked up too with work on the house but let me know and I’ll see if I can sneak in some playtime

Cheers

Mark

rOcKeTdOg

Bracknell is v close to swinley isn’t it. worth taking your bike

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Wyre forest singletrack – where?’ is closed to new replies.