Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • Wyre forest singletrack ?
  • rustydonkey
    Free Member

Does anybody have any maps or guides to the singletrack in Wyre forest? I’m planning on going on Friday as i it’s only 10 minutes from my house.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Tis the Clent duffers thee seek.

somouk
    Free Member

There are regular rides there I believe, check out the thread on Bike radar.

MicArms

Rusty, just back after a night ride. No maps or signposted trails, just local knowledge. I would be up to show you around but working overtime this Friday. Some kind soul might take pity on you and guide you round.

Mounty_73

rustydonkey – what time are you thinking about on Friday ?

rustydonkey
    Free Member

I’m off Friday, so anytime.

Mounty_73

I’m off Friday, so anytime.

I could around 9.30 – 10am and for a couple of hours, if that’s any good for you ?

z1ppy

mmmMM tempted to tag along.. as it’s lovely out there @ the moment.

Mounty_73

It is glorious weather…..

singlespeedstu

I might be up for this too.

Mantastic
    Free Member

I may bump into folks as I too have the day off and plan to have a bimble round the woods.

I tend to ride up from Bewdley via Arley so will be t’other side of the woods to the visitors centre. I plan to ride about 10-00 ish from Northwood Lane

Am riding a white orange 5 with orange rims so say hello if you see me.

rOcKeTdOg

I’m intending to be there a week today, fingers crossed the weather holds

BTW, what route do you use from bewdley via arley?

Mounty_73

How about it then chaps, 9.30 at the VC ?

(I have to be back no later than 12pm)

z1ppy

Just a suggestion, don’t burn me for saying it, but… would the dry mill lane car park be better? (assuming ppl know where it is – they’ve dug it out, so there more parking spaces)
    I know it’s not everyone cup a tea as it’s a bit secluded, but would be closer to Bewdley for R-Donkey – and avoids that crap climb back to the VC.

Mounty_73

Zippy –

I dont mind meeting at the dry mill lane car park, I ride to the Wyre and I have that crap climb back home either way…

I’m happy to go with whatever’s easiest for people.

Houns

I may be popping over tomorrow but a bit later in the morning, say hello if you spot me mincing on my Voodoo D-Jab

Mantastic
    Free Member

@ rocketdog. The lane right next to the petrol station in Bewdley, (now called Northwood Lane, previously rag lane), continues right up to trimply resevior. You head across the resevior and ride (could be footpaths, but personally dont care) along the river bank all the way into arley, accross the footbridge and up the small hill and hey presto you are in button oak. Then you can head whichever direction into the woods you like.

Its a nice warm up.

As for tomorrow, I will try to be at dry mill car park at 9-30 but dont wait for me as chances are I will be late.

rOcKeTdOg

Cheers mantastic, aiming to ride there from the lickeys so this would be just the job to avoid a lot of road

rOcKeTdOg

Double post

rustydonkey
    Free Member

Mounty, 0930 sounds good. Whats VC, visitors centre ?

Mounty_73

Mounty, 0930 sounds good. Whats VC, visitors centre ?

Sorry, yes VC = visitor centre.

See you at 9.30, I will be on a silver zesty.

rustydonkey
    Free Member

Ok mate, I will be in a Silver Volvo on a white Zesty.

z1ppy

K, sounds like the main VC is the way to go then, will try to be there for 9.30… (as in dont wait)

I’m off work as well tomorrow and don’t want to miss a chance to finally meet Singlespeedstu and RocketDog. 😀
    Dry Mill Lane at 9:30 then ? I’ll be the slim good looking young chap on the Kona single speed.
    I’ll see if I can persuade MuddyPuddle to join us.

Mantastic, I may be telling you stuff you already know, but if you cross the river in Bewdley, you can follow the river bank up as far as Dowles Brook and the old railway bridge, then turn left, follow the track for about 200m until you reach the road, turn right, ride about 100m up the road and get on the end of the railway line about 500m from the Dry Mill Lane car park. Saves a long ride up to Arley and back, unless you want to get the miles in.

Rocketdog, riding from the Lickeys ? Respec’ dude. 8)
    Again, I don’t want to sound like I think you can’t read a map, but if you get on the canal between Stourport and Kidderminster, there’s several routes over Burlish Top and Sustrans Route 45 towards Bewdley that are mostly off road. Which way are you coming from ?

z1ppy

MTG…

Final decision on meeting place was…

Mounty_73 – Member

Sorry, yes VC = visitor centre.

See you at 9.30, I will be on a silver zesty.

Oh, OK, I thought Mounty was just confirming that “VC” means Visitor Centre without saying that that’s where we’ll be meeting.
    It makes no odds to me, I can be anywhere at any time.
    Dry Mill Lane would be nearer for RocketDog and Mantastic if they’re riding in though.

z1ppy

I agree, hense why I suggested it, but it the OP’s ride & he said the visitor centre is good for him.

rOcKeTdOg

Graham, you misread my post, I’m free a week today so will be working tomorrow, the canal route sounds good though, as does the alternative route from bewdley, will look into it cheers

Mounty_73

I can meet anywhere, its all the same to me….but whoever is coming, its 9.30am at the visitor centre.

Mantastic said he would probably be late and not to wait…

Rocketdog isnt riding tomorrow, so the VC was at the top of the list
    🙂

OK, it’s just me with earache and a cold feeling unwell and getting confused then.
    I’ll be at the VC for 9:30

Mantastic
    Free Member

MTG Thanks for the note regarding dry mill car park, i use that one during the week when I have less time. I tend to use Arley as its a nice ride up from Bewdley and in a strange kind of way I enjoy the climb from Arley into button oak (helps move the flab)

Regarding the meeting tomorrow, i note it is at 9-30 at the visitors centre. I will try to get there but if I am not there at 9-30 don’t expect me, saves anyone waiting. I may well bump into you out and about in the woods.

For future reference, I have every other Friday off work so tend to ride there on those Fridays.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

….or if you go up to Trimpley car park, you can take some sweet-ass singletrack down through the wood onto the riverside just downriver from Arley.

I live in the Wyre forest and work in Kidderminster, so I’ve explored just about every off road route between the two from Kinver down to Stourport.
    I’ve got most of them logged on my GPS, but I’m a bit cautious about giving away my home address or shift pattern, even though my bikes are in secure storage elsewhere.
    What I keep meaning to do is reset the GPS at some public place, like the Button Oak, Hawkbatch or Dry Mill Lane car parks, and publish the route from there to Kidderminster, with an explanation of what’s ridable and what isn’t.

Bullandbladder, I was surprised to find a new bridge where there used to be a ford in Eymore woods recently.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Am setting off in next 30 mins, hopefully meet you all at 9-30 at the visitors centre. I may not tag along for the while ride but be good to say hello to fellow locals.

singlespeedstu

I can’t make it today so don’t wait for me.

singlespeedstu

Nearly three hours to do 13 miles!

Glad I had to do some work and couldn’t make it. 😉

Mantastic
    Free Member

Missed you all by about 15 mins as got to the visitors centre at 9-45. Had a ride round the usual singletrack and couldn’t find you all. Managed then to have a small doze down at the bottom of the mile climb( was watching buzzards but then had a quick 10 min nap in the sun) then my chain snapped on way home.

Hopefully catch up with you all next time

Ps am not at work two weeks today if anyone is free

z1ppy

Nearly three hours to do 13 miles! 😀

It was a ride to show RustyDonkey about, not tear him a new one… 😉
    Lovely dry trails in the sunshine, yay!

Mounty_73

A good ride this morning, cheers guys, nice and easy….

Ps am not at work two weeks today if anyone is free

I am free most Fridays 1pm onwards, just give me a shout.

I had it down has 1 hour 48 mins actual riding time for 13 miles, the rest of the time was tea breaks! 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘Wyre forest singletrack ?’ is closed to new replies.