Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Wye Valley Classic route – Issue 85
  • DandyMole
    Free Member

Make sure you check the route direction before you start. Rode it yesterday, having downloaded the route from the Issue 85 archive. It had my first climb up a very steep and very rough bridlepath with a stream coming down the centre, rock steps, etc. Eventually came out onto a fire road and thought, I wish I’d gone down that rather than having to climb it. The next section of singletrack, after a long fire road descent, was another rough climb that had me off and walking again. By this time I’m convinced the route was reversed.

Sure enough, checked the mag, and I was riding it backwards according to the detail printed. Deleted and downloaded the file again to make sure it wan’t my error. It wasn’t.

On the plus side, it was a nice day out in a part of the world I don’t normally ride, and I will go back and ride it in the reverse direction next year. On the way back, I went down that first climb rather than descending the fire road I should have come up on in the first place.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Then you need to know about…

http://www.sarahs-place.co.uk/

funkrodent

Lovely part of the world and great biking. Will look that route out as am in that part of the world this weekend.

That Sarah’s place looks nice. They even do an Enduro breakfast! Seems ideal…

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Friends of mine. Check out the trip advisor listing. 5 stars across the board.

MrWoppit
    Free Member
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Wye Valley Classic route – Issue 85’ is closed to new replies.