Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Wye Valley Archery
  • SaxonRider

Anyone know what’s up with this outfit?

My son arranged for me to take him out there for a session last August. After speaking with the guy numerous times in advance – including getting precise directions – he himself did not show up. Then, when we tried to get hold of him to rearrange, he never got back to us – either by email or telephone.

Now, my son would like to try again, and after repeated attempts to make contact, there has been no response.

You may ask why we persevere, but it’s because the facilities look fantastic, and it is linked to from virtually every archery club website in South Wales.

Any insight into what’s going on would be appreciated.

CountZero

A better idea might be to contact several of the linked-to archery clubs and ask them if they know anything about this bloke, and his, quite frankly, rather unprofessional behaviour*.
    *On the evidence provided.

SaxonRider

I have done that, CountZero, but the word seems to be that he is still open.

To be clear, I do not want in any way to suggest he is doing something wrong. He may be having difficulties unrelated to business, or it may be that he has just gone for a long holiday.

I am just curious and disappointed that what looks like a great facility does not seem to be available.

Oh yeah, and I thought (shot in the dark though it may be) that someone on here might have some intel on the matter.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

I’ve been using the course over the past four years approx. and whilst I don’t go frequently I know Lee well enough to say that he’s always been generous with his time and training when I’ve taken new archers to site.

Last time I was there, late last summer they were completing the wooden office building. The operation has been mainly weekends whilst Lee has built up the volume of targets although I believe the plan was that Ryan (his son) was going to start opening on weekdays.

I always use Lee’s mobile number which is the one on the website and I generally send a text before travelling just to make sure they are open.

It is a great course and you can easily spend a day there, although new archers will find their arms aching well before that, better to pace yourself.

Hope you manage to make contact and arrange a session. I’ll send him a text to check things.

redthunder
    Free Member

Sounds unusual for WVA and if it’s Lee very odd. I’ve shot there a few times and it has been very good with no probs.

Try NFAS and contact some local clubs for field archery.

I shoot just on the other side of the bridge, if your English side give me a shout.

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

Redthunder,

I’m on the English side, intrigued to know where you are shooting ?

PeterStarkiss
    Free Member

SaxonRider,

Just had a text reply from Lee, they are definitely open this weekend from 10.00am.

SaxonRider

Thank you very much for this. I will try him again, and if I can’t get hold of him, I will drive up there on Saturday. It is very good to know he and his business are still going strong.

redthunder
    Free Member

@peter

YGM

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Wye Valley Archery’ is closed to new replies.