Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • www.cheeky******.co.uk !!
  • tbag
    Free Member

Does anyone know if it is still active? Every 12 months or so I remember about the site and try to log in. Is it invite only?

EDIT- to be oddly discreet

Can someone add me please? I have a wealth of knowledge

Drac

Never heard of it.

yossarian
    Free Member

There’s no place like home
    There’s no place like home

mcnultycop

I’d rather no one spoke of cheeky trails.

shredder
    Free Member

[/url]P1010423 by rlockwood64, on Flickr[/img]

Drac

Ooh I’ve got one of those jerseys, errr I mean never seen one of those before.

tbag
    Free Member

Pah, I just need somewhere to off load this burden of cheeky knowledge…. sharings caring

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

So, it looks like a mod is advocating the use of footpaths for riding.

http://www.cheekytrails.co.uk

Or is that also going to be moderated?

Drac

Oooh look a troll.

Drac

🙄

tbag
    Free Member

No, I edited it!

I couldnt tell if they were serious or just pissing about so thought I best edit to be more discreet…. now, will someone offer an invite or explanation? Is it really that cliquey? not sure if Im interested anymore

tbag
    Free Member

Drac, I feel a bit like youre trolling yourself

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No, I edited it!

Fair enough!

*Retracts and apologises*

aP
    Free Member

Dunno. About 5 or 6 years ago I was in, then I found I wasn’t.
    I’ve not thought about it for a long time.

Drac

No, I edited it!

Don’t let the facts get in the way of a troll.

Drac, I feel a bit like youre trolling yourself

You do realise he was accusing mods of altering the title? Oh yeah you did.

It’s like any private forum. You can apply to join but you may or may not get accepted.

rOcKeTdOg

I don’t think I got accepted, but I got the stickers! 8)

ontor
    Free Member

Is it not the Uberclique?
    Riding footpaths shouldn’t be treated like some *ohh naughty us!* thing, it should surely just be something we just do. Footpaths are only footpaths thanks to mass-trespass after-all…

grum
    Free Member

I”m clearly not cool enough as I’ve tried to join a couple of times and never got accepted.

tbag
    Free Member

Oh right I see… so if you have a friend then in there you can become included. Fair enough, theres no point in publicising everyones favourite (under the radar) trail to the whole world. But theres nothing that explains, Sorry – its a cliquey club! It just cycles you round in a world of recovery passwords !!

An old work colleague had a life policy:
    If it’s a club that would accept me as a member, then I certainly don’t want to join

He rejected Mensa!

roverpig

Wow, you worked with Groucho Marx?

tbag
    Free Member

Is it all just footpath discussion? I have been working on some lines which are hidden from view by necessity, yet need just a little bit of riding in.

So, if someone would like to include me I would take gladly take acceptance to the cool club…I think

tbag
    Free Member

Haha was he just quoting groucho marx?? Pretty sure the mensa bit was true, or was that groucho marx too?

maxtorque

ontor Footpaths are only footpaths thanks to mass-trespass after-all…

You mean they are only footpaths because mountain bikes hadn’t been invented yet when the mass trespass occurred! Let’s face it, these days, loads of people would just cycle up onto t’moor to protest rater than trudge up there on foot 😉

t-p26
    Free Member

Its nothing to do with trailriding apparently. They talk about laptops, holiday insurance and road bikes. Nothing whatsoever about riding mountainbikes…so my friend told me

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I think it was for the ST/Calderdale uber-clique.

Pointless really as everyong heads straight to Hebden and rides all the footpaths they can lay their hands on anyway.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Its nothing to do with trailriding apparently. They talk about laptops, holiday insurance and road bikes. Nothing whatsoever about riding mountainbikes…

Sounds familiar…..

withersea
    Free Member

? …If they discussed wood burning stoves, posh estate cars and holidays as well this place would have a rival…

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Personal opinion… I think the whole idea of “cheeky” as a clique/sub-culture/whatever was very much “of its time” … and that that time has now passed.

Get out there and ride whatever footpaths you want, whenever you want. Just be nice to everyone you meet along the way and be prepared to have a discusion with the odd grumpy walker about the irony of the rights that they hold-so-dear have stemmed from a mass trespass.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Let’s face it, these days, loads of people would just cycle up onto t’moor to protest rater than trudge up there on foot

is that a joke?

Garry_Lager

Get out there and ride whatever footpaths you want. Whenever you want. Just be nice to everyone you meet along the way and be prepared to have a discusion with the odd grumpy walker about the irony of the rights that they hold-so-dear have stemmed from a mass trespass.

I tried that at the weekend, on the slopes of Kinder Scout no less. The guy’s parting words were ‘you think you’re so big and clever, standing there in your lycra with your fancy bike – I hope you fall on the ice and break your leg.’
    So not really a meeting of minds.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

The guy’s parting words were ‘you think you’re so big and clever, standing there in your lycra with your fancy bike – I hope you fall on the ice and break your leg.’
    So not really a meeting of minds.

Response: “Thankyou, have a nice day”

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘www.cheeky******.co.uk !!’ is closed to new replies.