Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Wwstwhd… Kids and stones !!
  • renton
    Free Member

So picture the scene….

You are on holiday down in Woolacombe and have parked your car up in a proper parking spot next to some gravel pitches for caravans.

There are a row of big boulders separating the parking and pitches.

Anyway we left the car and popped into holiday park reception for twenty minutes and when we came out there was a young lad from the tent pitch closest to our car throwing stones and using the big boulders as aiming markers.

As you can imagine the stones are bouncing off the boulders and have got my car bumper leaving two quite large stone chips.

After telling him to stop the boy legs it to his caravan and we follow(The wife and I) and asked his parents of they are aware of what he is doing or has done.

They make the usual excuses and deny he was even there.

Not sure on what to do next we left before getting into a heated argument.

So what would you have done in the same situation. The bumper is going to need painting due to this.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’d say a clip round the lug.

But that’s not allowed cos of all the do gooders nowadays.

My mate & his Mrs are moving house because of brats in the street, chucking stuff at cars & generally being unruly little gits. Bedale as well, not exactly a council estate.
    (& before anyone says, I was brought up within a mining family on a council estate just outside Durham City, except I learned respect from my parents. Usually with a clip round the lug)

martinhutch

One disadvantage of camping is that shoes are often far more available to those who wish to wee in them.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    5thElefant
    Free Member

Well… If I noticed paint chips on the bumper I’d admonish myself for being the kind of person to notice paint chips on my bumper. It wouldn’t occur to me to get them painted.

But I wouldn’t have noticed anyway.

renton
    Free Member

The parents were quite well to do to be honest but smarmy with it aswell.

“On no little Tarquin couldn’t possibly have done that ” 🙄

Jamie
    Free Member

Well… If I noticed paint chips on the bumper I’d admonish myself for being the kind of person to notice paint chips on my bumper. It wouldn’t occur to me to get them painted.

But I wouldn’t have noticed anyway.

Sometimes I forget STW is frequented by mostly zen masters who do not trifle themselves with matters of the physical.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Sometimes I forget STW is frequented by mostly zen masters who do not trifle themselves with matters of the physical.

I’ll see if I can work that in when I get my next marital bollocking for not giving a monkeys…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No one called Tarquin has ever set foot in a caravan.

🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

No one called Tarquin has ever set foot in a caravan.

Gave him a false name didn’t he….little tyke.

martinhutch

It’s all the thing with the poshos these days.

Tarquin and family earlier…

funkmasterp

I’m with 5th on this. Not a zen master, just don’t really care about my car in general. Chips and marks add character and make it easier to find in the car park 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Gave him a false name didn’t he….

Witness protection programme? The police let him off for throwing stones, as he is going to grass on the Sinaloa cartel.

Tarquin and family earlier…

They REALLY want the world to know they have a Beemer.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Tell the little scrote that the place is haunted by Jimmy Saville.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Headline in next weeks Woolacombe Herald…..

Shock as Grocks with Rocks attack Jocks

renton
    Free Member

It’s all very well saying chips add character blah blah but when your car is only a year old and you like to take care of it then you look at it in a different perspective.

Jamie
    Free Member

Personally, I want to see the OP lose his shit and start chasing the kids across the park. Just so we can get the accompanying vid of his Mrs panicking.

“RENTOOOON! RENTON! RENTON OH JESUS CHRIST! RENTON!

legend
    Free Member

They do know you’re Forces right? And therefore an unstoppable killing machine?!

funkmasterp

It’s all very well saying chips add character blah blah but when your car is only a year old and you like to take care of it then you look at it in a different perspective.

It gets driven on the road. The road is full of crap and detritus. It’s only a matter of time before it gets chipped. Invisiframe for cars, that’s what you need and a bumper protector. A bumper bumper!

Embrace the chips 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

Trained Government Assassins normally have bulletproof Aston Martins don’t they?

renton
    Free Member

Ha I’m a fat techie mate. Nothing like a killing machine !!

5thElefant
    Free Member

Some people cover their bikes in sticky tape (really). Maybe you could do that to the car.

BigJohn

Bumper got bumped.

It’s a your word against Tarquin’s so nothing is going to happen.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Ha I’m a fat techie mate. Nothing like a killing machine !!

Aaah, GMLRS it is then…

nickjb
    Free Member

I miss the old days when bumpers were there to stop the rest of your car getting damaged.

km79
    Free Member

Not sure on what to do next we left before getting into a heated argument.

So what would you have done in the same situation.I would have gotten into a heated argument.

Cougar

It always amazes me when someone’s property gets damaged and folk respond with “eh, it’s only property.” Yell if you’ve got something you care about and I’ll pop round and kick the crap out of it for you. Maybe I can come take a few digs out of your newly decorated bedroom, hoy a few scratches across your vinyl collection, spray a cock & balls across your garage, have a go at your bike with a belt sander or take a big poo in your back yard.

“RENTOOOON! RENTON! RENTON OH JESUS CHRIST! RENTON!

Fenton.

Also, ”

Cougar

I would have gotten into a heated argument.

So would I, only I wouldn’t have used the non-word “gotten.”

5thElefant
    Free Member

hoy a few scratches across your vinyl collection

😆 knock yourself out. I think it’s in the barn covered in bird shit.

funkmasterp

kick the crap out of it for you. Maybe I can come take a few digs out of your newly decorated bedroom, hoy a few scratches across your vinyl collection, spray a cock & balls across your garage, have a go at your bike with a belt sander or take a big poo in your back yard.

You can come around mine and damage the downtube protector on my bike if you like or attempt to add to the damage on my cars bumper. I am genuinely confused about being concerened over bumper damage. Is that not what they are there for, to stop the other bits getting damaged? You can also poo in my back garden, but not my back yard 😀

perchypanther
    Free Member

hoy a few scratches across your vinyl collection

I’d like to see you try. It’s all non-scratch and most of it’s non-slip.

funkmasterp

That’s quite the collection you have there PerchyP, done real deep cuts and classics by the look of things

perchypanther
    Free Member

I had gotten * into vinyl in the 70’s when it was cool.

These bloody hipsters are ruining the scene now.

*especially for Cougs.

5thElefant
    Free Member

I was into vinyl in the 70’s when it was cool and I’ve loved it ever since.

Laminate killed it.

breadcrumb

Cars don’t have bumpers any more, just another piece of bodywork.

I’d be pissed too.

Valve cores removed from the caravan would be a start.

Cougar

You can come around mine and damage the downtube protector on my bike if you like or attempt to add to the damage on my cars bumper. I am genuinely confused about being concerened over bumper damage.

Why do you have a “downtube protector”? It’s only a downtube. Mountain bikes are supposed to get dinged about a bit, it’s only a matter of time before it gets chipped.

You’re seriously telling me that you don’t own a single thing that you wouldn’t mind a complete stranger randomly damaging? I don’t believe you.

km79
    Free Member

So would I, only I wouldn’t have used the non-word “gotten.”

“But now I’ve gotten for my reward,
    The gallows to be my share.” Been in use since at least the 16th century round these parts so meh.

Cougar

*especially for Cougs.

Shithead.

(-:

funkmasterp

Why do you have a “downtube protector”? It’s only a downtube. Mountain bikes are supposed to get dinged about a bit, it’s only a matter of time before it gets chipped.

You’re seriously telling me that you don’t own a single thing that you wouldn’t mind a complete stranger randomly damaging? I don’t believe you.

Downtube thing was already attached to the bike when I bought it. I also agree, it’s a mountain bike, it’s going to get damaged. I have the skills of a blind, Meth addicted monkey. The bike has more chips than Harry Ramsden.

And haha my forum friend, I have a three year old! Undamaged personal property no longer features in my life. I’m typing this on a phone with a cracked screen, whilst wearing bent glasses! 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

*Cougar reported for personal abuse* 😉

Seem to have gotten to you there.

tjagain

Got a witness – then you can pursue it if you want. without one – forget it. Get a photo of their car so you can ID them and small claims? call the police?

I wouldn’t bother – not that its not annoying but the stress time and aggravation of persisting is not worth the few quid chips away will cost you to have it repaired.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘Wwstwhd… Kids and stones !!’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts