Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • WWSTWD – New fork complete with scratch
  • akip
    Free Member

What would singletrackworld do?

Long time lurker, very rare poster, but now looking for some input.

Took delivery of some 2014 new-in-box Pikes from a large, continental online retailer this morning (I live in Finland). Upon opening the fork’s box, I first noticed that they were quite dusty, and then noticed a small mark on the lower left leg’s decals and an accompanying just-under-1cm long scratch on the fork leg next to the decal.

Emailed the retailer, and they offered to send through a coupon for return postage, and to then send out scratch-free forks. This is pretty much what I expected.

Question is – would you bother sending the forks back, and the dealing with the accompanying fuss and wait? Would you suck it up, and understand that mountain bikes bits are bound to get scratched? Would you question whether or not your first-world-problem even deserves to be shared online?

Jamie
    Free Member

Yes, as you just know it’ll piss you off down the line.

nuke

You bought new and, as new, they should be scratch free…its for you to add the scratches when riding/crashing 😀

Having said that, as long as its not a scratch on the stanchions, I’d take a bit of compo instead of the hassle of sending back

njee20
    Free Member

If you’re considering keeping them (I wouldn’t), why not ask the retailer for a discount voucher on a future purchase instead?

bikewhisperer
    Free Member

They’d probably have to discount them when they do sell them later.. So ask if your price can be the discounted one.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Not worth the hassle.Carry on.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘WWSTWD – New fork complete with scratch’ is closed to new replies.