Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)
  • WTF Team GB. WTF.
  • RealMan
    Free Member

What the f***.

theflatboy
    Free Member

fair point.

LapSteel
    Free Member

He hasn’t had time to get changed yet since le tour

DezB
    Free Member

Bloke on a bike innit?

D0NK

so it’s ugly, so what? I’m presuming it’s ugly for good reasons (stiffness aerodynamics etc) rather than just trying to outdo on-one with over use of the ugly stick.

atlaz
    Free Member

If it works, who cares how fugly it looks?

tracknicko
    Free Member

what’s wrong with it? been fairly common knowledge for a while that theyd be looking to exploit track tech on the road stuff…

twinklydave

I wanted to defend it, saying “they’re there to win, not look good on the club run” and such clever things…

…but yeah. WTF! 😕

nbt

Woah, look at the chainrings. Not even just elliptical – properly differnt radii all over the place

*sorry I don’t really follow road rding, this might not be news to most people but it is to me

RealMan
    Free Member

Don’t get me started on the 3/4 length leg warmers and short sleeve jersey..

FuzzyWuzzy

I’m guessing he means the bike – surprised it isn’t the usual Dogma myself. Looks like an evolution of the Team GB track bikes with a stem that makes my 695’s look pretty…

crazy-legs

Basically a road going version of the track bikes they’ve been using for years. Tiny frame for max stiffness and min weight, flat tops to the bars for aero.

Here’s some more info

argyle
    Free Member

i quite like it. And i’d lick the sweat from colonel wiggos mutton chops any day of the week

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah he has:

DezB
    Free Member

Woah, look at the chainrings. Not even just elliptical – properly differnt radii all over the place

The return of BIOPACE 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

osymmetric rings, yes osymmetric…

EDIT: o,symmetric even

beej

That Bradley pic has mysteriously been removed from David Millar’s twitter feed, and Cavs tweet of it has gone too…

Klunk
    Free Member

that is just plain nasty

avdave2

If it’s first over the line on The Mall who cares what it looks like.

Anyway I bet Realman could make it sound good if he were selling it on the classifieds. 🙂

will
    Free Member

Very ugly, but if it gets the results…

atlaz
    Free Member

I do wonder how much aero impact that has given the fact that the rider still has to sit on it. Still, minimal gains and all that.

tracknicko
    Free Member

cancellara would take off on one of them.

njee20
    Free Member

They’re just Osymetric rings, as Wiggins uses all the time.

It looks bloody short though from that photo of him riding it.

atlaz
    Free Member

Also, part of me thinks that in the spirit of the Olympics, maybe everyone should ride the same bikes so that it’s best rider/team that wins, not best kit.

beej

Choppers. They should all ride choppers.

D0NK

in the spirit of the Olympics, maybe everyone should ride the same bikes

yeah send someone out to get a load of boris bikes an hour before the race 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Very ugly, but if it gets the results…

Look Pro, Part II: Casually Deliberate

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

It seems odd that there’s such a focus on aero, yet they haven’t used something like BB90 to avoid having a lump of BB sticking out of each side, or put the brake calipers behind the fork.

So ugly, hope we don’t get too many side shots on the TV!

brakes
    Free Member

They’re just Osymetric rings

no no no, they’re o,symetric

Klunk
    Free Member

the breakaway will be going twice as fast just to get away from them, and the peleton will drop back so as not to be associated.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I do wonder how much aero impact that has given the fact that the rider still has to sit on it. Still, minimal gains and all that.

Quite a bit, Trek are claiming the new Madone is 25W better than the outgoing modelat race speeds , and these look substantialy more aero than even those. The average rider’s probably rangeing between 250-400W over most of the race so that’s 10% less effort. Presumably is more evn i the sprint as the wobbling ruins airflow (anyone who’s been sailing in light winds knows that a slight wobble can stall the boat, let alone cav thrashing about) but he’s potentialy 10% fresher than the competition.

bigrich

He’s just won the tour, he’s the best TT rider in t’world. Whatever the fat accountants and IT managers of STW say,he knows best. and he gets to do what he wants.

bigdawg
    Free Member

so whats this bolt for..??!:

sowhats this bolt for..??!:

RealMan
    Free Member

It holds the motor in.

Also it probably holds the seatpost in place.

Klunk
    Free Member

if it was that important why none of this sort of thing ?

D0NK

and he gets to do what he wants.

no doubt there will be rider input during R&D, maybe even from BW himself, but doesn’t he get given the bike he has to use rather than pick/build what he wants?

philconsequence
    Free Member

“whats this bolt for?!

clipping on medals to his sexy new bike?

bigrich

but doesn’t he get given the bike

the way british cycling been funded, they pick, choose and direct every aspect to gain 0.01% where they can.

wwaswas

if it was that important why none of this sort of thing ?

I think it has to say McDonalds or something if it has a name on it?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘WTF Team GB. WTF.’ is closed to new replies.