Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • WTF! Swinley content.
  • TooTall
    Free Member

It is probably a condition of the ticket that it is displayed so that it can be read. I’d check up on that.

NPAS case RF4

In case number RF4 brought before NPAS, a pay and display ticket had been purchased from the machine but was displayed upside down so it could not be read. The motorist received a PCN and appealed. The adjudicator said that the council had not exercised discretion because their policy had no regard to particular circumstances of each case.

An adjudicator cannot cancel a PCN on compassionate grounds or for compelling reasons but he can refer the matter back to the council if he believes that they did not discharge their duty to do so.

They’ll likely tell you to poke off and probably refer you to the bit where it has to be displayed so it can be read.

rob2
    Free Member

I had this exact problem with north Tyneside council . My ticket blew on the dashboard and was upside down.

After a long wrangling period of letters and discussions of court they cancelled it.

They’ll never turn up a court as they’ll have other stuff to do.

It’s galling but just keep at it. It made my blood boil at the time. Good lick sir.

njee20
    Free Member

I think you have much less of a case with a face down ticket. A pain, but I think they have a more valid case.

crosshair
    Free Member

I hate stuff like this- who pays who here?

You had a valid ticket- end of.

Be strong comrade 😉

Seriously, are we all now duty bound to make sure that every time we slam the boot shut, the blast of air hasn’t dislodged the ticket- if they cared that much they should provide sticky ones.

Just hang it out as long as possible- make sure their costs of working on the case far outweigh the fine.

eddiebaby
    Free Member
    br
    Free Member

Sorry but yes I did mean face down. Not placed deliberately thus so must’ve flipped whilst changing or closing the door.

Ah, that’s different then. You can’t blame the Operator when they had no idea whether it was a valid ticket or not – if their rules don’t allow discretion then pay up. It’s your fault.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think the guy was doing his job and doing it correctly, the ticket was upside down, ie not visible or displayed. To be honest you’ve shot yourself in the foot by sending them a picture like that. You’d have been better off just sending a photo of the ticket and saying it had fallen off the dash or the inspector “didnt see it”. From the councils perspective this looks like someone trying it on, for example got a ticket from a mate who was riding at same time and claimed that was in his car.

br
    Free Member

To be honest you’ve shot yourself in the foot by sending them a picture like that.

I read it that the Operator took the photo, as most do.

mattbibbings
    Free Member

My wife and I had the exact same problem in Hebden Bridge the other day (Calderdale council?). Easily solved.

Valid ticket blown on to floor due to open window/not using the sticky bit . CEO wrote a fine for us. We found it. Wife sent a letter with a copy of valid ticket to the address for disputes that was on the fine. About a week later we got the reply saying all was well and no fine will be enforced.

Hope it works out for you OP

brakes
    Free Member

send them your middle finger in the post and tell them to swivel on it.

how about telling them that they didn’t provide the proper means to apply it to your dashboard? like a sticky bit?

bearnecessities

Does the council office have a chimney?

Agree though that they were right to issue ticket from the CEO’s perspective. Same scenario as above for me. Ticket had fallen out of view. Sent nice email with photo of ticket. Cancelled without quibble – Leeds CC.

ajt123
    Free Member

They are very tight down at Swinley. I got caught out too.

deadkenny
    Free Member

They depend on parking fines to boost income for the council. The whole parking fiasco is why I refuse to park there. If it was CE run and proceeds to the upkeep of the forest and trails then I’d be happy, but it’s far from this and the enforcement is aggressive. If they just wanted to cover costs of providing parking they’d simply have a pay on exit.

supercarp

I would ask to see the evidence of the ticket upside down. As others have said I would tell them you will argue this in court

tonyd

Seriously, are we all now duty bound to make sure that every time we slam the boot shut, the blast of air hasn’t dislodged the ticket

Without wanting to be a smartypants, I do this all the time.

Local councils round the Swinley area just view drivers as another cash cow so this comes as no surprise. I live in Fleet and there is no free parking anywhere in the town now – there used to be 30 min free bays in each car park but they got removed recently. The result? I no longer ‘pop to town’ for those little items.

OP – fight it as much as you can, but Bracknell Forest Council are skint so will likely do all they can to squeeze it out of you. In future park at the Broadmoor carpark and ride up the Devils Highway, you can pick up the start of Seagull.

cookeaa

I have a mate who was fined for his ticket being upside down in oxford, not face down, simply oriented in a manner which the CEO took some sort of exception to.

Unfortunately he’s an argumentative and irrational individual, so rather than follow some of the sensible advice already posted on this thread, he rang them up went Batshitcrazy at them and the fine was upheald…

Send a copy of your ticket, with a polite, calmly worded letter to the effect that you had purchased a valid ticket (evidence enclosed) and placed it on display. don’t mention its orientation, or impugn the CEO’s eyesight, it won’t help your case…

theotherjonv

In future park at the Broadmoor carpark and ride up the Devils Highway, you can pick up the start of Seagull.

A few clubmates have been ticketed in Broadmoor by a private firm, notices are clearly displayed in the car park. Being a private firm, you can tell them to get screwed as it’s not a parking fine but an invoice – you know the usual on this, if not google it – but just be aware that you may well get ticketed and ‘fined’.

oldnick

I’m not being let off either despite my cheery “I’m a muppet for not seeing my ticket blow off the dash” email.

These days the offence is ‘not correctly displaying the ticket’ or words to that effect which covers my ‘offence’, and as losing £25 won’t kill me I’ll just pay it and get on with my life.

I have since invested in a bit of blutac for the dash, which has had the added benefit of increasing the value of my car substantially.

tonyd

A few clubmates have been ticketed in Broadmoor by a private firm, notices are clearly displayed in the car park.

Not the carpark(s) at Broadmoor Hospital, this one. Avoid if your car is low though as there are lots of big potholes.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘WTF! Swinley content.’ is closed to new replies.