Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • WTF – Puncture on turbo trainer!!
  • butcher

Having been a bit lazy since the dark nights crept in I recently decided to eliminate any potential excuses and bought myself a turbo. The road bike was stripped down and built back up with each part shining, ready for a winter of trouble free cycling.

Or so I thought. 15 minutes in and Pssssssssssssssssssssssss.

I know the experience is supposed to be realistic, but come on!!!

Is it only me that this can happen to? And what pressures should I be running – I had about 70psi in because I thought it would be impossible to pinch and that would give the best grip.

jam-bo

Overheated maybe?

butcher

Overheated maybe?

Do you think I’m too fast, maybe? 😆

headfirst
    Free Member

my turbo specific tyre says 100 psi as a minimum!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Existing bit of flint type stuff previously embedded in the tyre worked its way through to the tube?

As for pressure, what headfirst said, 70 seems very low, think I run mine around 120psi.

simondbarnes

Pressure far too low. Also, if your tube has been repaired previously, the heat generated can cause the patch(es) to fail.

Keef
    Free Member

Karma.

ThePinkster

Are you running tubs or clinchers?

If you’re running clinchers the tyre could be slipping on the rim and stressing the valve, pulling out of the tube.

Talcing the innertube and pumping it up more would help.

flap_jack
    Free Member

yep, heat. happened to me several times…

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Neigbour sneak into your house and glued blacktorn on your turbo trainer because its noisy 🙄

michaelmcc
    Free Member

I started a thread about this the other day as I was having the same problem.

butcher

Cheers Michael. Will have a look at that. Haven’t had a chance to fix the puncture yet, but that’s probably the best place to start I suppose, to see how it has punctured. And I’ll get a bit more pressure in next time. It’s good to know I’m not the only one, if anything.

donks
    Free Member

sabotage… 😈

butcher

The verdict is patch failure.

simondbarnes

The verdict is patch failure.

Do I get a prize?

Mikey65
    Free Member

I had a snapped chain a couple of years back on a Tacx I-magic while virtual riding up Mount Ventoux..After almost 3 hours and less than 1k from the summit..Snap…still haven’t finished that one.

butcher

Do I get a prize?

PM me your address. I’ll pop the patch in the post 😉

simondbarnes

Woohoo!

granny_ring

Sorry I did laugh when I read the tittle.

MarkN
    Free Member

Blimey that must be an excellent trainer that you have there. It is so realistic 😀 .

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘WTF – Puncture on turbo trainer!!’ is closed to new replies.