Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • WTF – paging Boris to the forum
  • iamsporticus
    Free Member

Hmmm

Off to London village tomorrow with a modest commute from Liverpool St which I did last year on a Boris bike on a pretty good traffic light route at no cost as far as I remember besides a token yearly fee

OK so Ive just set my alarm for the morning, set out my riding gloves, got my lucky helmet ready (fnarrrr), and charged up my head light

I then logged on to tfl as my membership is over a year old to find that this year the floppy haired teflon coated pretend cyclist wants £2 rental per 24h which seems the same as last year but he also wants me to pay for a non negotiable yearly fee of £3 too

As I ever go to London once a year I think I’ll take advantage of invading the personal space of some Eastern European women half my age on the tube for the time pressed out leg and enjoy the sights on foot for the return

As an occasional out of towner it seems a poorer service than last time I used it

Grrr

crazy-legs

Casual hire is £2 for 24hrs, that’s it. Only other fee is if any one journey is >30 minutes…

I think my record is 9 hires in 24hrs, none of which was more than 30 mins so £2 for that was a bargain!

iamsporticus
    Free Member

^^^^^ nope, it wont let me register without taking out a yearly key

£2 per 24h is fine, but for £5 I’ll take the tube there, not worry about stashing my riding kit, and walk back at my leisure

Or can I just turn up and put my card in the machine and take it from there?

The web interface is pretty stubborn in demanding the yearly fee for an access key

sbob
    Free Member

Last time I hired a bike it was substantially more than 20p per hour.

Perhaps a username change to iamtightfisticus is in order. 😛

bikebouy
    Free Member

Turn up, put card in machine, get pin, get bike, get charged £2 for 24hrs.

What really is the problem here?

Or get the Tube, or walk, or catch the Bus or get a Taxi.

Wait, we’ll organize a sunny day for you as well, would Sir like that too?

😆

nealglover
    Free Member

Hardly warrants a “WTF” does it ?

hora
    Free Member

What play are you appearing in OP?

iamsporticus
    Free Member

coolio, Ive earned a personal insult from Hora at last 🙂

Its not a biggie I admit but I just dont want to pay the annual fee of a whole £3 for just 1 trip
    Last time it let me register for free but not last night
    The website wasnt clear that I can use the service without registering

Ta

ndthornton
    Free Member

Seriously?
    It’s £3!
    You London lot earn a packet from what I hear?
    Or is this just another excuse to have a dig at borris?

I’m no borris fan boy but this one seams a bit weak

hora
    Free Member

Its not a personal insult. More of a taunt but….. I don’t want to talk to you, no more, you empty-headed animal, food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Turn up, put card in machine, get pin, get bike, get charged £2 for 24hrs.

What really is the problem here?

Hear, hear!

matt_outandabout

Ooh, watch this space hora, we are visiting that Castle tomorrow – we have some filming to do….

hora
    Free Member

Make sure there are no Frenchmen around :mrgreen:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fetchez la vache.

hatter

Bloody love Boris bikes, don’t get to use them very often but some of my best memories of London from the past few years involve pottering around the back lanes of Soho, Covent Garden and Bloomsbury in the sun.

They’re not quite the overwhelming bargain they used to be but they’re still pretty good and a much nicer option then the tube when the weather’s nice.

DezB
    Free Member

pottering around the back lanes of Soho, Covent Garden and Bloomsbury in the sun.

Similar – although my abiding memory is getting lost in the rain and arriving at my training course soaked to the skin 🙁

(ps. claimed the bike hire back on expenses 🙂 )

muggomagic

pottering around the back lanes of Soho

I’ve done that a few times and it cost a hell of a lot more than £5

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘WTF – paging Boris to the forum’ is closed to new replies.