Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • WTF is “Twitter”
  • redthunder
    Free Member

?

Everybody seems to be ranting about it ?

aleigh
    Free Member

aka a pile of crap!

redthunder
    Free Member

Worse than Facebook ?

aleigh
    Free Member

yes, completely pointless! i deleted my account shortly after thinking what a good idea it was to have one! it serves no purpose.

redthunder
    Free Member

I shall pass on that then.

ourmaninthenorth

Different from Facebook.

Facebook was designed to create a network of permitted people. Twitter is a form of blogging, but reduced to 140 character snippets. You can restrict what people see, or let it be open to the public. As you wish. You can gather followers (people who receive your posts) and follow others (read their posts).

The secret, as with anything published, is to have something genuiinely interesting to say, and say it succinctly. Don’t post “Have been to bog. Bum sore”. Post something interesting and valuable. Accept that, if you have nothing to say, you need not be obliged to say anything.

trevorx
    Free Member

depends whoyou follow. got into it a few weeks back and it is quite adictive. Assuming you have a curtain twitching personality. Get a few insights and exclusives. Was nice to follow the Tour of California from a different view point, as following Lance and Ivan Basso.

psychle
    Free Member

you need to have a mobile that can do twitter… then it kinda makes sense.

redthunder
    Free Member

@trevorx

Tour of Calif was where I heard about it on Eurosport.

miketually
    Free Member

Via Twitter, I’ve just found out that Dave Gorman’s new tour is to be done by bike. That’s useful.

richpips
    Free Member

Never did facebook.

Enjoying twitter so far.

markenduro
    Free Member

It’s a pretty good waste of bandwidth, slightly addictive and can be informative, depending on who you are following.

redthunder
    Free Member

It’s a pretty good waste of bandwidth, slightly addictive and can be informative, depending on who you are following.

SfB

FoxyChick
    Free Member

ditto aleigh

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Isn’t it something nobody knew about and then a plane crashes and ever f*cker wants a piece of the action. The geeks at work are always on about it… I frickin hate working in IT!

Nico
    Free Member

A bit like on here then.

MrNutt
    Free Member

http://www.twitter.com/mrnutt

its pointless, I like it.

CountZero

Txting with a potentially unlimited audience. I don’t have a large enough circle of friends who’d put up with whatever crap I’d be twittering on about.

avdave2

Following MrNutt in the hope of enlightenment.

MrNutt
    Free Member

356 people have decided to do the same, I can’t for the life of me think why! 😆

will
    Free Member

Can’t be cool, my mum told me about it, before i had herd of it… 🙄

pjt201
    Free Member

it passes the time.

@tr1ckster btw.

brant
    Free Member

356 people have decided to do the same, I can’t for the life of me think why!

357 😉

theginjaninja
    Free Member

It’s good fun for people you know and a good way of sharing links and pics quickly

@andymatthews

MrNutt
    Free Member

more of this please: https://twitter.com/Pound_Coin

theginjaninja
    Free Member

my favourite is @I_heard

aracer
    Free Member

SfB

Actually if he was twittering I might just be tempted to give it a go out of morbid curiousity.
    “Stopped to take another photo”
    “Girl I’m following has a very nice bum. Could overtake and go a lot faster, but don’t think I’ll bother”

LordSummerisle
    Free Member

one of the manchester evening news jurno’s used twitter to report on the results of the manc con charge announcements – which was useful while i couldnt get a radio stream – thankfull the stream started after she stopped posting halfway through the results

grumm
    Free Member

I signed up – don’t get it though. Its like only being able to do status updates on facebook or something.

Trampus
    Free Member

Oh. look! A back door to kick in!

Might have helped! 😀

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘WTF is “Twitter”’ is closed to new replies.