Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • WTF is a summer cold
  • Pigface
    Free Member

Went to bed feeling in rude health woke up this morning head thumping and full of snot 😯 FFS where did this come from?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The common cold (also known as nasopharyngitis, rhinopharyngitis, acute coryza,[1] head cold, or simply a cold) is a viral infectious disease of the upper respiratory tract which primarily affects the nose. Symptoms include coughing, sore throat, runny nose, sneezing, and fever which usually resolve in seven to ten days, with some symptoms lasting up to three weeks. Well over 200 virus strains are implicated in the cause of the common cold; the rhinoviruses are the most common.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_cold

It’s a virus you can catch, it’s active all year round.

Pigface
    Free Member

Always the pragmatist Mike 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*holds cold damp flannel to Piggie’s brow*

*gets a bit moist*

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Do I detect you are looking for sympathy or something like that?

toby1

It’s exactly what I’ve got at the moment too, I feel like crap.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Don’t mention it to any women, who will not doubt chirp up with “oh you’ve got MANFLU”. At which point I shall punch them to the ground. Grrr, manflu my arse.

chvck
    Free Member

I too have some sort of cold, it isn’t too bad. Just sore throat and blocked nose but it’s persisting!

grievoustim
    Free Member

Ah can I join in.

Felt like death yesterday. Same today

Got work to finish today, and off to latitude festival tomorrow. I need to get better right now!

sandwicheater

I too am a begrudging member of this club. Feel like crap and am definitely not getting enough sympathy at home.

To top it off had planned this week to do my first century on the road and get in the Mary Towneley loop this weekend. Not going to happen now.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘WTF is a summer cold’ is closed to new replies.