Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • WTF? I mean, really, WTF? (Manics content…)
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Flicking through channels and caught an announcement that the Manics are on Strictly Come Bollox. WTF?

WTF?

What the….?

simonralli2
    Free Member

I think a long time ago one of them said they would do it but in an ironic or post modern or something-or-other way.

trailmonkey

mainstrem musical act on mainstream light entertainment show.

why the confusion ?

Stoner
    Free Member

Its a long way from the Severn Bridge.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

The worst live band I have ever seen.

Torminalis
    Free Member

Excellent, two things I don’t want to watch conveniently packaged in one easily avoidable show.

sc-xc

They are a MOR joke. I had the misfortune to see them when the freak was still with them. Awful then, but at least back then they said they would ‘do one great album then split up’. The did neither, and it’s no surprise to see dad rock like this on telly like that.

wait4me

Why the surprise? They were borderline ok what 20yrs ago?

geoffj

I’ve never understood the Manics hating thing. Postcards for a young man is a decent album. Much better than all the x- factor bolloxy type acts IMHO.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Most miserable band I’ve seen live, (not at a festival), a good few years ago, when there was officially four of them, barely smiled through the set and cleared off with no encore….

…taking money and running sprung to mind!!

should of called it a day after ‘Generation Terrorists’ IMHO

Pook

Nicky Wire was on Something for the Weekend this morning too.

But they’ve always been bobbins anyway.

djglover
    Free Member

Comon flashy you tuned in to try an cop a look up ann widdecombes skirt didn’t you?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

PMSL @ djglover! 🙂

iain1775
    Free Member

Excellent, two things I don’t want to watch conveniently packaged in one easily avoidable show.

😆

+1

john_l
    Free Member

Best live band I’ve seen YMMV etc

DezB
    Free Member

That was so bad my face was all screwed up.
    What a bunch of clueless dickheads if they think they are making anything relevant*.

(*Relevance was something discussed by Wire in an NME interview)

fadda

I saw them at the millennium stadium in June – thought they were very good, actually.

nickc

DezB

I can hear the frantic scribbling of emails being penned to NME as we speak…self righteous little ….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

fadda, not niche enough for here I’m afraid 😐

sc-xc

I’ve never understood the Manics hating thing

it’s because they are shit, and play terribly boring bland music

Postcards for a young man is a decent album. Much better than all the x- factor bolloxy type acts IMHO.

At least you knwo what you are getting with the X-Factor lot…pop music for people that like pop music. And as pop music goes, it’s not bad pop music.

The trouble with the Manic Street Preachers, is that they churn out this drone, and expect to be taken seriously…it’s technically not bad, but has no soul. They are frauds, if you remember them when they first burst onto the scene they were in MM, NME, Sounds etc telling all how they were ‘4 real’ (as carved into Richy’s arm) and how they were the only credible punk band etc etc. You can chart their journey into mediocrity by sequentially listening to their releases, and have now morphed into a band that plays the kind of music liked by people who don’t really like music.

All in my opinion… 😉

fadda

Deadly – it should all kick off nicely here, then, when I say that they were support for Paul McCartney…

akira

Prune faced tiny guitar playing midget wearing a merkin.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘WTF? I mean, really, WTF? (Manics content…)’ is closed to new replies.