Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • WTF have I got hayfever?
  • hora
    Free Member

Heavy head cold, running nose and blocked ears. I know the pollen count is high(?) currently but I thought I just had a cold that’s been going round. Is it hayfever? A cataids version? What’s best to treat it?

Never had hayfever in my life.

bearnecessities

A&E. Go now. Run.

Yak

Raw onion.
    Seriously- get a big white one, man up and get stuck in like it’s an apple. If you get more than halfway you are doing well.

You won’t have hayfever for the rest of the day. Win 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Run? I’ll be brown bread before I reach there

simon_g

I seem to be suffering already.

Try the generic remedies (loratine or certrazine hcl) available cheap from Boots or the supermarkets. If they don’t work then Benadryl (acrivastine) but it’s pricier.

jimdubleyou

Tree pollen season already.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Do your eyes itch, esp the inner corners?

*Is this really me, posting on a HORA thread? ICBI*

mos

Yeah, now you mention it i’ve been getting a bit ‘dribbly’ after my commute.

Eyepic
    Free Member

Tree polllen… been affecting me since late Jan

swedishmatt
    Free Member

What works for me is to rinse my nose. My suffering season starts in January.

joat

Poor ickle hora. Tree pollen most likely, I suffer a bit, I also work with trees, well I say with, more against really.

john_drummer
    Free Member

+1 certirizine or loratadine (sp?) – or Beconase but that takes a few days to build effectiveness

thomthumb
    Free Member

yerp. mine kicked in yesterday about 1500.

hora
    Free Member

Tues in the woods in Calderdale, yesterday the woods of Grizede. In the end both a certirizine and a loratadine cheap supermarket branded anti did it. I’ve dried up.

kimbers

Pollution can act as an adjuvant to stimulate hay-fever, everyone driving diesels these days, im not surprised

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Talking to a friend yesterday, she has it, as does her son, aged 8. Is it really affecting younger people now?

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Mines started. But only the eyes. I’ve had bad summer hayfever for nearly 20 years. But in the last few years I also get a short spring bout as well.

Chromium-something or other eye drops from Boots does the trick

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘WTF have I got hayfever?’ is closed to new replies.