Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • WTF do Mavic stick their stickers on with, cement?
  • Northwind

Even my supernaturally developed right arm isn’t up for rubbing this one out!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Spray some wd40 🙂

tomhoward

You say you have a supernaturally developed right arm? So do the guys who attach the stickers at mavic.

That ain’t no glue.

Northwind

Hmm, in that case I’ll ask my mum how to remove it, she had years of experience

njee20
    Free Member

Heat gun.

matther01
    Free Member

Just be thankful they’re not American Classic decals. 2 weekends elbow grease and 1ltr nail varnish remover.

martymac

in contrast, the stickers on my easton rims just peeled off, all 40 grams of them (!)

Euro
    Free Member

I found a little bit of ash rubbed in with the finger works wonders on most adhesives. Kinda turns the glue into a putty type substance that’s easy to roll into balls which can be picked off. White spirit will remove what’s left.

matther01
    Free Member

Martymac – you actually weighed them?! lol

mindmap3
    Free Member

The Marzocchi warning stickers are worse to remove….they hateful things to get off. No other manufacturer sticks warnings all over their forks so I don’t see why Marzocchi have to.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Will have to try Euro’s tip,off down to the Crematorium later on the way home!!

martymac

@matther
    its worse than that, i actually went to asda and bought scales so i could weigh them 😳

Northwind

Part of a series of photos called “perfectly normal things I do”

IMG_0625 by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

Cut down a mountain bike tyre, then weigh the bits.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Got the same Salter Scales as well (Asda £8 in black) doddle to use.You can get a fancy on from Park Tools (and others),but same accuracy at 1g either way.Seen those jewellers scales online but buying one might cause interest from plod (…people who bought this item also viewed…,pictures of little self-seal bags… for your “product”?).I would not want that degree of micro accuracy anyway.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘WTF do Mavic stick their stickers on with, cement?’ is closed to new replies.