Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • WTF caused this?
  • bigyinn
    Free Member

Noticed yesterday on my shin after a long ride in the countryside on sunday. Its not cut or broken the skin, but there is some blistering. Its very slightly itchy, but no other symptoms.

What caused it?
    Hogweed??

Drac

I'd go for giant hog weed.

Jamie
    Free Member

Could be a reaction to a load of things….despite this, I am going to go with leprosy.

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Hogsweed would be my first thought.

allthepies
    Free Member

Could be Giant Hogweed – v. nasty. I had a burn from one a few years back and it took months to go away.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

My arms are covered in this from HTN2, from using them to clear the vegetation on some of the corners.

yetidave
    Free Member

be very careful with Giant Hogweed. It can lead to irreparable damage in some cases. Increasing susceptibility to sunburn and chemical reactions, like eczema – not to worry you too much!

bigyinn
    Free Member

I've had it before and there were lots of hogweed about on the ride. I think it can lead to some photosensitivity too IIRC?
    Leprocy you say? Hmmmm, spare a shekel for an ex-leper?

yunki
    Free Member

there were incidents a few years back now on our local heathland of people contracting a flesh eating disease after being scratched by gorse..

A couple of Royal Marines and a dog-walker were seriously ill.. some sort of government/military experiment..

tron
    Free Member

Hogweed sap causes a photosensitive reaction (ie, if you have it on you, but it's not in the light, it's far less of a problem). My advice would be to wash well and not to wear shorts for a few days!

bigyinn
    Free Member

Oh nice!
    Never come to STW and expect reassurance!

Conespanner

Wet vegetation can leave this, particularly long grass

jacko54321
    Free Member

http://www.shareview.us/video/506/Family-Guy-Song–Youve-got-AIDS

think this best describes the condition and posssible causes

oldgit
    Free Member

It doesn't look that unusual to me. I get that sort of thing when I've been out in the woods and fields. I've just put it down to the combination of dirt, water, nettles, brambles, animal poo and just about anything your front wheel kicks up.
    Hot shower and coal tar soap ease it off.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Not wire brush and detol then?

oldgit
    Free Member

That's only if I get it on my meat and two veg.

toys19
    Free Member

there were incidents a few years back now on our local heathland of people contracting a flesh eating disease after being scratched by gorse..

A couple of Royal Marines and a dog-walker were seriously ill.. some sort of government/military experiment..

Do you mean this?

Drac

Of course it was. It wasn't a common bacteria carried in the human body then.

gwaelod
    Free Member

Seriously – it looks like a Honey Badger attack, it must have leapt up in an attempt to tear off your testicles. It's probably waiting in the garden to finish you off.

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/honeybadger.html

ridethelakes
    Free Member

Thats definitely not hogweed related, I would say a case of paraphimosis or Balanitis…

jedi

necrotising faciaitus

your are slowly dying

bigyinn
    Free Member

ridethelakes – lalalalalalala i cant hear you!
    jedi see above.

bigyinn
    Free Member

ridethelakes – why do you so much about knob diseases mmm?

I got exactly the same thing on my arm after my commute on Tuesday morning. I had about a dozen small blisters, all but two of which have now gone, but I'm still left with what look like chemical burns. I used Eurolax cream to stop it itching, which seems to be helping it heal too.

I'm not expecting to die from it, but if I do please donate my body parts to medical research.

uplink
    Free Member

Looks like a baby robin attack to me

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

still left with what look like chemical burns. I used Eurolax cream

I see where you went wrong.

You wanted Picolax, not Eurolax. Go out and get a big bottle and wolf it down. Soon you'll forget all about your trivial arm injuries……..

bigyinn
    Free Member

Don't be so mean.
    Ooooohhh messy……..

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘WTF caused this?’ is closed to new replies.