• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by IA.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • WTF can't I put videos on my ipod touch ??????
  • roadiesean
    Free Member

And before you ask, yes, I have done before, a million times. So heres the thing. I plug in my ipod touch, go to itunes, click on the ipod and go to TV programmes to load the rest of the West Wing series (I know I AM an old man), highlight all the missing ones, click on APPLY, it then automatically syncs but no tv progs go onto the ipod, it just comes back up again with the progs highlighted and saying REVERT/APPLY as if I had never hit the APPLY button.

Is there a setting on the Touch that I know nothing about ? Am I not holding my mouth right and therefore the iPod-laptop continuum is shorting out ? Do I need to throw something ? (Very happy to try the last one)

I am off skiing on Sat, all that travel and nights with Italian Telly, I could really do with something decent to watch….

And yes, I have rebooted the laptop a dozen times, turned the ipod off and on again, reconnected the cable, tried it like 50 times and I am getting effing nowhere !!!!!

HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Just drag and drop the file in to your iPod…

…oh you can’t its an apple. 😉

richmars

There is another screen somewhere which has some tick boxes for the type of files to sync. You need to tick the video one. I can’t help anymote than that, I spent hours trying to load a video before I found it by accident!

meehaja
    Free Member

cup of tea might help. Is your ipod full? maybe try asking apple, they know about this sort of thing, and though I’ve never questioned the authority of middle aged mountain bikers before, perhaps on this occasion we need outside help?

carbon337
    Free Member

I had this with music videos – i think I created a playlist – added them to the playlists allowed to sync and it seemed to work.

Was a while back though so i may be wrong – give it a go.

derp
    Free Member

2 things to check.

1) Do you have the ‘sync only checked songs and videos’ box ticked or not?

….if you do have it selected, are the little boxes next to the videos you want to sync checked?

2) In the movies tab of the iTouch is the sync movies box checked?

trail_rat
    Free Member

i just put VLC media player on my iphone – solves most of the ipods issues tbh

roadiesean
    Free Member

Have drunk many cups of tea, will ask Apple if absolutely necessary but because its more than a year old they want to charge you for it!!

Its just so weird because i have done it a million times and changed nothing.

roadiesean
    Free Member

Ahem….always best if you make sure that the computer you are using is actually hooked up to the external drive where the…..shuffle…..videos are stored…..

Cough……I’ll just….scuffs feet…..get ahhh, my coat…..

Sorry guys !

Thanks for the (really) helpful advice ! 😉

derp
    Free Member

Ahem….always best if you make sure that the computer you are using is actually hooked up to the external drive where the…..shuffle…..videos are stored…..

Cough……I’ll just….scuffs feet…..get ahhh, my coat…..

Sorry guys !

Thanks for the (really) helpful advice !

Invoice is still in the post 😉

IA

i just put VLC media player on my iphone – solves most of the ipods issues tbh

Not an option any more, Apple pulled it from the app store as their app store terms are incompatible with the GPL.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘WTF can't I put videos on my ipod touch ??????’ is closed to new replies.