Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • WTF! Alien attack? Portal to another dimension?
  • psychle
    Free Member
    couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

It's the daily mail. ffs.

psychle
    Free Member

it's being reported globally… I just linked to the Dailymail 🙄

A very cool light display whatever it is!

Creg

Apparently it was a failed missile launch from a Russian Sub

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3238877&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Impressive none the less

nonk
    Free Member

what was it aiming at? 😯

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Some local MTBer has probably bought a Magicshine / Trout 🙂

. I just linked to the Dailymail

I just assume it's all made up!

nickc

that's what they want you to think

mrchrispy

i for one welcome our dimensonal overlords

samuri
    Free Member

See that photo at the top? That's very well made. As someone who's done a lot of night shots, I can tell you it's hard to get the exposure just right. And the exposure on that picture is grade A perfect. Seriously impressive when you consider the 'spiralling missile' would have been unexpected.

allthepies
    Free Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8404991.stm

Looks like a very high powered projector at bottom right to me.

psychle
    Free Member

Samuri, I do think it looks a little 'too good'… as you say getting a shot like that would require a tripod for sure, and somone just happened to have one set up (and pointing in the right direction) for the few seconds this phenomenon occured… does seem a bit sus…

The video's look a bit different to the pictures, they look much more real?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

it apparently lasted 10 or 12 minutes. is that not enough time to set up your gear?

vinnyeh

There's a couple of photos from different sources on the mail site, and a video, so unlikely to be faked- obviously they've picked the most dramatic and best exposed pic to lead with.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I agree with alpin, FWIW. It appears to be a projection onto the clouds from a source on the ground.

If it's a "russian missile" it's a pretty strange sort, and while extraterrestrials move in mysterious ways, landing in Norway for the purposes of staging a light show would be pretty odd behaviour. 🙂

My money is on it being a stunt organised by the PR guys from either a brand of Vodka or an energy drink.

psychle
    Free Member

Boo… why's it never aliens? 🙁

another Daily Mail link…

Seems a little disconcerting to me that something like this still goes on in absolute secrecy – "…it has a range of 5,000 miles and could carry ten nuclear weapons bound for separate targets…" good to see we still need these things tested…

fennesz
    Free Member

there's video footage on the Beeb.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘WTF! Alien attack? Portal to another dimension?’ is closed to new replies.