Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • WTD urgently- medium diffiiculty GLEN COE routes
  • SpokesCycles
    Free Member

My club captain has let us down organisationally and expects a bunch of relative beginners to do the Devil's Staircase/Blackwater dam route.

They're doing the Fort Bill XC on Monday but needa route for tomorrow- has anyone got any good medium difficulty routes? Ideally with a map.

ojom
    Free Member

Need a new Captain Luke?

*gets beret on and heads for the north* 8)

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

This is the first ride I've not organised all year (i'm the secretary) and it's gone to pot. You can take charge!

ojom
    Free Member

Actually i will pass…

What about Rothie? Trundle round the estate etc.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

If I was a relative beginner I'd sidestep the Blackwater Dam – Cairan Path downhill. The DS itself isnt nearly so hard. Pump up your tyres or take a load of tubes.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I know what I'm in for with it and am comfy with it, but there's 5 "leisure" riders coming with who are happy on red routes.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

How about a spin over Rannoch Moor along the WHW to Bridge or Orchy and back from the DS or the Kings House?

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Glencoe itself is a bit limited for routes, but the following might be an option:

Circuit of Buchaille Etive Beag

Out by Lairig Gartain, return by Lairig Eilde.

plus points:

Short route
    Some excellent riding from the top of the Lairig Eilde
    Not TOO difficult ( a bit easier than the De'il's Staircase)

minus points:

Can be boggy in the Lairig Gartain
    Bit of a mofo hike-a-bike up to the high point of the Lairig Eilde

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Actually, McM's suggestion is a good one – some nice riding through some cracking scenery, if you don't mind the out-and-back thing.

birky
    Free Member

It'll be busy up there. The Scottish Six Days Trial starts on monday, 300 bikes through Leanachan!

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Like I say, not my organisation.

Sounds good to me McM! Thanks for your help guys.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘WTD urgently- medium diffiiculty GLEN COE routes’ is closed to new replies.