WTD: Sturdy cranks for shimano external BB

Home Forum Classifieds – Wanted WTD: Sturdy cranks for shimano external BB

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • WTD: Sturdy cranks for shimano external BB
  • Premier Icon gregwaring
    Subscriber

Hi all,

I’m looking for a set of sturdy cranks to fit a shimano external BB – ideally shimano hollowtech II’s such as SLX, XT, perhaps deore’s but would consider any pretty tough crank suitable for use in a 4 bolt double and bash setup with an external bb.

Thanks!

Greg

benbrownuk

Hi Greg,

Appreciate you specified Shimano cranks, but just in case you could be swayed by some brand new race face ones: Brand new RaceFace Ride XC, 175mm crank, includes brand new 44/32/22 chain rings, no BB. Will fit shimano BB. Came fitted on full-build new bike, and swapped out before riding with ones from old bike. £60 posted, see pinkbike advert below for more info. Email alimckerrow’at’yahoo.co.uk if interested.

pinkbike advert

Cheers

benbrownuk

Oh yeah – they have 4-bolt mounts, and I’m pretty sure have the same BCD as shimano cranks.

tutgareth

Not Shimano but I have some FSA Gravity cranks with ext BB cups for sale if they are sturdy enough for you… £50..

Premier Icon gregwaring
    Subscriber

Ben – the ride is probably a little on the light/underbuilt side for my intended use.

tutgareth – The gravity may be a contender – does it include any of the following: BB / Rings / bashguard?

tutgareth

It has the BB cups and a 34T middle ring, no bash guard though. will also include a superstar bb mount chain guide if required

some photo’s in here:
    MTB Photos

Premier Icon gregwaring
    Subscriber

Hi all,

Have now sorted a set of cranks – thanks for your replies!

Greg

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘WTD: Sturdy cranks for shimano external BB’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top